Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Epox 8RDA+ Info Request

Lo all you geniuses out there... ;)

Ive just taken receipt of the kit listed below, but in setting it up wiped the BIOS enough times to lose track of the optimal settings I should be gunning for!

Can anyone help me out by listing for me the BIOS settings I need to set to get to the top end of the safe zone for this setup so that I can relax for a while before reading up on overclocking and "tinkering"? Im looking to get this kit running how it should be, but not high enough that it plays up as I want to get a feel for it before I start climbing to 209 FSB :)

What Ive got is :
    AMD2700 (13x166) 2q Heatsink and 80 mm fan conversion
    epox 8rda+ flashed to 3117
    PC3500 RAM
    geforce ti 4400
    maxtor 120gb
    winxp sp1 (including all the 30 mb of MS web updates post SP1)

I cant change any more hardware for a while as Im totally out of cash after buying this, but would appreciate help getting it to a stable set of settings that push the kit responsibly or a web site that I can read up on if you cant spare the time.

Thanks in advance for anyones time.

AMD2700 + 2Q + 80mm Fan
    Epox 8RDA+ @ 3117
    Geforce Ti 4400, 256x2 PC3500 Corsair RAM
    Maxtor 120GB ATA133 HD

Though listed as an Overclocking Guide, if you go through this piece, it will give you a lot of tricks and tips for system optimization. This includes a look at BIOS settings within the system. Though not based on your exact mainboard, the BIOS is the same and should be similar in most respects.

Also, you might check out this guide that helps get the system up to speed from a different angle.

Both of the guides above will help you not only run smoothly, but fast as well.

Good luck. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Excellant articles with reference to overlocking. A perfect way to begin my learning curve.

My only problem is that Im not sure what the default settings are for my PC. I dont have a baseline to begin to overclock _from_ if you see what I mean.

I have taken the "optimal" choice on the mobo, but this lists the RAM aas ddr333.

as a sort of simple request, does anyone have an 8RDA that I can copy the general settings from, and can anyone tell me what baseline settings I need to configure for my PC3500 Corsiar gubbins?

;-)
    AMD2700 + 2Q + 80mm Fan
    Epox 8RDA+ @ 3117
    Geforce Ti 4400, 256x2 PC3500 Corsair RAM
    Maxtor 120GB ATA133 HD

Thread Information