Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giga-Byte GA-SINXP1394

I just got a call from a friend that asked me to check this out. She was able to preview the Giga-Byte GA-SINXP1934 motherboard with the SiS 655 chipset and said that it was great!

http://www.giga-byte.com/products/8sq800ultra2.htm

It supports DDR333.

I've been trying to find the GA-8INXP E7205 board and have never found it in stock so I'm going to try and get this one instead.

Any thoughts?

(still running on my little K7 system and drooling)

Well this one was impressed by the MSI version and it's DDR400 support, http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.html?i=1781 ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thanks Wiggo...

I'll know tonight if the Giga-Byte board is available... It's got most of the features that the MSI one does, and some others as well...

I have a hard time trusting anything from MSI anymore..have had two boards fail on me...

wait for more benchies to come out... this board ( or chipset ) still might not have what it takes to beat up on granite bays or rambus, for that matter. anandtech should have asus and gigabyte reviews this week or next.

it IS cheaper by far, but the 8inxp's price will drop and the springdale/canterwoods will be out sort of soon...
    ~ Gigabyte 8INXP ~ | P4 3.06 @ 3.53 ghz | 31c idle - 33c load - 61.5f ambient | 1 gig Corsiar XMS 3200 cl2 | Radeon 9700 Pro @ 378/364
    ~ Cascade wb ~ | Eheim 1250 (external) | DD maze3 gpu wb | D-Tek Pro Core (mounted externally) - 2 x 120mm

FOLD! :)

These guys liked it

http://www.ocworkbench.com/2003/giga...inxp1394-1.htm

The price of the Granite Bays may come down, but finding one is the problem. I'm at the point that I can't wait much longer I need to get a system up and running that can do the work I need.

The GA-SINXP1394 is smokin...you won't find a mobo out there that'll beat this one. SiS has a real winner in this board(for the next couple of months)....forget GB...cancelled my order for the GA-8INXP and will gladly wait for the SINXP to hit the streets. You may want to wait a few to insure you get the BO stepping chipset.
    It is for sale(preorder) but I won't list the links as these vendors are asking $314 and $315 US funds and I find that price to be a ripoff and bad for all of us. Europe and Asia are seeing this mobo hit their markets now...Australia and the US will be next...give it a couple weeks, for Gigabyte knows that with every day springdale/canterwood gets that much closer! If I could speak Japanese I'd have ordered it days ago! :cheers:

Anandtech has their review out on the mobo...
    It seems the SiS offerings by MSI is a little faster, however while talking with the editor of mobo reviews he said he would buy the GA-SINXP1394. Hopefully Gigabyte will support bios updates with this mobo and not leave us hanging. I don't think Gagabyte has updated their bios for the GB mobo in awhile now...

review

That's if you trust MSI...

I've been burned twice by one of their board....never again.

Asus also has a nice offering....

I have two 8INXP mobo's and i'm happy w/ them but i went through hell to get it. Calling the only disturbuter in toronto every day for the past 1 1/2 - 2 months isn't fun. haha.

Which chipset can overclock more? the Sinxp or 8inxp? i'm thinking of getting rid of my dual ddr 266 and getting a dual ddr 333.....or 400.....but i wonder if my mobo will be 'stable?' if i set my ram to ddr 400 support.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information