Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: DDR333 on Asus P4B533-V ??

Hi !

I have an Asus P4B533-V (Bios ver. 1008) with P4 2.0 Cpu and a 512 MB DDR333 in Slot 1, running on Win XP Sp1.
    If I leave all bios settings about clock & speed on auto, everything works fine, but memory is recognized as DDR266 and Bios only lets me choose between Auto, 200 and 266.
    If I set the FSB to 133, I get the CPU overclocked to 2,667 GHZ (which is way too much) but I can choose 333 for the memory. Of course Windows hangs in less than 2 seconds.
    Is there no way to keep the CPU at 2.0 Ghz and the memory at 333 ? Please tell me what settings I have to tweak to obtain this.

I feel like I'd drive a Porsche with a diesel engine ...

thanks,

Edi from Romania:hammer:

The chipset doesn't "officially" support that speed memory but overclockin' will though have you increased the core and memory voltages yet (if ya can)? :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thanks for answering. As I said, the only way of having the memory run at 333 is to set the processor external frequency to 133, which means 2.667 Ghz for my 2.0 CPU, obviously too much.

Question: May it be that a 2.0 CPU CAN'T run @ 333, as I cannot change the CPU Frequency Multiple from 20x ??

So the only way to have 333 mem frequency is to get another CPU, let's say 2.26 GhZ ?!?

sorry if I sound dumb ..

Ah now I'm awake, yes you won't be able to run that CPU at the 133MHz FSB and you will need one that does if ya want to. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thread Information