Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: cant' boot into windows with a 133mhz fsb!!!!!!!

msi kt3ultra 2, 512mb kingston value ram amd xp2000+ chaintech gf4 ti4200 128mb win xp 350psu .would not boot into windows hang at blue welcome screen . so I had every thing tested bought a new m/b msi kt4v same exact problem swapped out everything just like before .took it into the store same thing . has anyone had any problems like this or heard anything bad about msi ? any info or help would be great . ...ps. bought an asus a7v333 no problems ! but still have the kt3 bought 4 months ago not sure about the warranty

Is there a jumper on the board (probably in the vicinity of the PCI slots) that regulates the base FSB of the board? Some manufacturers still use this jumper instead of allowing the BIOS to handle the job fully.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Also if that memory is only PC2100 be sure that ya memory and CPU are runnin' at the same bus speed because if ya tryin' to run the memory at +33MHz over the FSB PC2100 is unlikely to like runnin' at 166MHz. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

not sure about the jumper but the memmory is kingston value ram ddr333(pc2700) 2.5 cas 256mbx2 slot1 slot2.

If you're unsure about the jumper, then take a look at the manual. It is a relatively important setting for the system since the jumper has two positions it can be in (three pins). One way it tells the system to use a default FSB of 100MHz and the other way tells the system to use a 133MHz default speed. And when I say Default Speed, I am referring to the base speed of the motherboard communicating from the processor to the memory. When set to 100, all BIOS adjustments will be from a starting point of 100MHz so will drastically limit your overall speeds.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information