Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: need explanation on memory

well i plan on buying a assus a7n8x mobo and i need to get some memory for this. Some article i read said ddr333(cl2) would work(cosiar ps2700).really well with board. Well I'm kind of confused on this dual sided ram thing this board supports so could you people please explain how this board works with memory,i plan on using 512 of ddr ram, and I'm new at learning this stuff so could it please be explained to were i will understand it. thank you :cheers:

or suggest what might be better

Ok this chipset contains 2 memory controllers which is why 2 identical sticks of memory must be used to get the best out of it and PC2700 should be the absolute minimum used with PC3200/3500 bein' prefered as this chipset will easily run memory in excess of 200MHz (DDR400). :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I don't know that much about memory either only that ddr ram is fast especcialy the 3200 version of it. I also plan on getting an asus A7N8X series motherboard too. I here its like 120$ now.
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

i would like to know the difference between the two

256MB PC2700 DDR DIMM
    (Corsair) - (CMX256A2700C2PT)

256MB PC2700 DDR DIMM
    (Corsair) - (CMX256A2700C2

one more thing i want a fast computer (no overclocking) for now so i plane on getting one of those pc2700 2x256=512 ,and for what I'm reading this pc2700 is max for this board,so why do some say to use pc3200 ram.wouldn't this be an over kill ,therefor no really seeing much faster performance.

That is only from the official side of things but faster speeds can be used (and is preferable with this chipset as memory will quickly be a limitin' factor here especially with 333DDR CPU's. The CMX256A2700C2PT is the slower timed module of the two that ya asked about. ;)

thanks wiggo,4 your answer,so the pc 3200 would be the better,but do you think its worth the extra money,for how much extra performance,or let me say do you think ill see much difference. as you probably know I'm having a hard time choosing,so thanks for your Patience.

Well I like the stuff so much I've got 2 sticks of XMS3500 (we can't get the twin packs here yet :cry: ) just waitin' to go into the 8RDA+ which is just waitin' for the XP2600+ to be delivered by the courier (hopefully tomorrow but that will depend on how many weekend orders are bein' filled). Sorry about the time between responces but I'm only postin' in breaks between packin' to move. :devil win

Thread Information