Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MSI-Awesome Manufacture??

I think MSI builds solid boards for a good price. They're not the cheapest, but they don't cost an arm and a leg like Asus and sometimes Gigabyte (they've dropped in prices tho)

I have to say, I even really like the red PCB. It's catchy! Seems to have started a trend, too. :)
    - -+ r e v e n a n t +- -
    my rig: Shyznat
    * AMD XP 2600+ @2277 on an MSI K7N2-L * 2x 256meg Corsair PC3200 XMS Platinum in Dual Channel mode @ 3,2,1,2.0 * ATI Radeon 9700 Pro * 4x IBM 180GXP 60gig RAID 0+1 on a Promise Fastrack100 * 1x Western Digital WD800JB 80gig with 8mb buffer on mainboard IDE *Soundblaster Live! * Samsung SW-248B CDRW with 8mb buffer * Sony DDU1621 DVDR * Enermax EG465P-VE 431watt PSU * 23.1" Sceptre X23s-Naga LCD * Chieftech windowed case with glowing ide cables * pic1 * pic2 * pic3 * pic4 * pic5 * 9700 * 3Dmark03 5432 * 3Dmark2001SE 17K club member * the sweet spot *

3. Default

Yes I like the red pcb design also. If i was a manufacture I would offer custom colored pcb for a few extra$$ direct from them manufacture to give case moders that extra edge.
    my view on the two party system...
    [img]http://www.dennisf.com/images/****banner.jpg[/img]

I'm currently running my AthlonXP 2000+ on the MSI KT4 Ultra and after a couple bios updates I'm loving it. Without those updates I would have thrown the sucker out the window for sure though, haha. Anyway my last board was an ABIT and it died on me. ABIT is supposed to be good quality too, so in my opinion All manufacturers send out screwy boards.

I know others who RMA'd their KT4 ultras before the bios updates. But hey, Patients is a virtue. Well maybe in my case it was just the lazyness to have to pack the damn thing back up, haha. :)

Yes I like the red pcb design also. If i was a manufacture I would offer custom colored pcb for a few extra$$ direct from them manufacture to give case moders that extra edge
    YEAH!! I want electric blue (you know, super, knock you out of your seat blue :)) PCB with back lit (red) transparent PCI/AGP slots, red Socket A socket, and red memory/IDE/Floppy connectors. Wooo! That would be slick... :D
    - -+ r e v e n a n t +- -
    my rig: Shyznat
    * AMD XP 2600+ @2277 on an MSI K7N2-L * 2x 256meg Corsair PC3200 XMS Platinum in Dual Channel mode @ 3,2,1,2.0 * ATI Radeon 9700 Pro * 4x IBM 180GXP 60gig RAID 0+1 on a Promise Fastrack100 * 1x Western Digital WD800JB 80gig with 8mb buffer on mainboard IDE *Soundblaster Live! * Samsung SW-248B CDRW with 8mb buffer * Sony DDU1621 DVDR * Enermax EG465P-VE 431watt PSU * 23.1" Sceptre X23s-Naga LCD * Chieftech windowed case with glowing ide cables * pic1 * pic2 * pic3 * pic4 * pic5 * 9700 * 3Dmark03 5432 * 3Dmark2001SE 17K club member * the sweet spot *

6. Default

LMAO! Yeah I wish. I wonder if a company would actually be succesful if they tried this. who knows? Maybe some day a some one will do it, Ill wait to see how well they do then sue them lol.

Of course, if you use a sink that requires the four holes around the processor, then you're out of luck with the modern MSI line of boards (we're talking AMD here). Too bad for those who like the Swiftech or Alpha line of coolers. :thumbs do
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

8. Default

You got a point, but im sure they will be changeing to a 4 hole design soon

I highly doubt it. They used to have those holes as it was part of the standard for the KT333 and earlier chipsets. It wasn't a part of the KT400 standard and they eagerly left it out of their design. I'm hardcore into the overclocking myself, so if a company doesn't want to serve my needs, I'll look elsewhere. :grr:
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by ZeAliOuS
    Im going to have to disagree with that article. I think that MSI's Suppourt is the best I have ever dealt with!
    As u eluded too in earlier post, maybe it was just luck........
    most definitely Luck as i personally use MSI Kt3 Ultra and
    will use any board by most manufacturers that currently sell
    products which fit the need/application long as they aren't
    running SIS{Sylicon Intergrated Systems} chipsets........
    And attractive colors do not a quality mobo make, although
    must say MSI has some of the better packaged mobo deals
    atm...............however, real world support is not there forte.
    And Asus has been and will, no dout remain, one of the most
    rock solid and dependable mobo manufacturing Companies
    with support being just as solid as their mobo's:2cents:
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information