Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which mother board is best for gaming online and off

:?:
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

Well, the best mobo right now would be Asus', Epox's or Abit's nForce2 chipset Mother board for AMD.
    - Damien

Yes, he is right.. the Asus or Abit boards are really good and super fast with eh nForce 2 chipet. I would go with Asus A7N8X (deluxe)... I am nto sure about Abit, but I know that there boards are really good. Be sure to get pc 2700 ram and a good AMD Athlon XP... i would reccomend the new Barton chip... XP 2800+ or 2500+

Well, I guess the exact mobo is gonna differ. Depends on what you want on the board (or not). While not my fav, Epox does still offer some basic versions of their boards. MSI does too and usually offers anywhere from 2-4 variations of the same motherboard design.

I haven't gotten a new to market motherboard since about a year ago, but I'd go with anything from Asus, Abit, AOpen, Iwill or MSI.

My main box runs Abit's NV7-133R with the nForce (1) 415-D setup. Still running strong.

Well, Granite Bay Chipset Mobo will be a very nice choice as well, but that will be for a P4 setup.
    - Damien

Very true ML and i agree...but using specs and benches ..i figure those two chipsets...

But i must agree with you the sam way i did when we had that thread on car audio. Its the best to your ears and that is what its all about. Your preferences...

BTW, ML what do you do with so many comps?
    - Damien

Bragging rights.

Actually, 1 is my main box, 1 is my file server, 1 is my lan box/extra gaming box, and the last (p4) is for playing around with...currently it's got the Win2k server eval (came with my books). I'd like to get the full version, but for the love of god, they're expensive, even used. I may be installing Linux Mandrake on it next.

I sure like my MSI K7N2-L mobo a lot. I had the MSI KT400 Ultra before this one and I got like 500 more 3Dmarks from just putting that nForce2 board in. After tweaking the memory settings and putting the ram in slots 1 & 3 I ended up with 1000 more 3Dmarks. I finally feel like I have a pretty good gaming rig (score links in sig). The Asus boards are top benchmarkers in a lot of comparisons, the Abit boards are supposedly the best overclockers, the Iwill and Gigabyte boards are also very good, stable and fast. My $0.02. :cheers:
    - -+ r e v e n a n t +- -
    my rig: Shyznat
    * AMD XP 2600+ @2277 on an MSI K7N2-L * 2x 256meg Corsair PC3200 XMS Platinum in Dual Channel mode @ 3,2,1,2.0 * ATI Radeon 9700 Pro * 4x IBM 180GXP 60gig RAID 0+1 on a Promise Fastrack100 * 1x Western Digital WD800JB 80gig with 8mb buffer on mainboard IDE *Soundblaster Live! * Samsung SW-248B CDRW with 8mb buffer * Sony DDU1621 DVDR * Enermax EG465P-VE 431watt PSU * 23.1" Sceptre X23s-Naga LCD * Chieftech windowed case with glowing ide cables * pic1 * pic2 * pic3 * pic4 * pic5 * 9700 * 3Dmark03 5432 * 3Dmark2001SE 17K club member * the sweet spot *

I'm really partial to asus and amd to I'm gona go with them unless someone has found something that will beat the asus a7n8x delux nforce 2 mobo
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information