Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: A7N8X, disabeling RAID search when booting?

Does anyone know, is there some option in the motherboard or BIOS or Windows, where I can DISABLE the RAID searching when I boot my computer? :?: I know it isnīt a big thing :rolleyes:, but it will slow down the starting up (about 5 seconds) and itīs quite useless to me, bacause I donīt have any RAID HDDīs. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It'll be lerking some where in your bios.:cheers:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

There is a jumper on the board which allows you to disable the SATA controller. That's what is doing the search. Look in your manual to find the exact location of the jumper.

Well that was really helping... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

...meant the rugbudude :D

Thanks thale...I think I tried to move that specific jumper sometime, but if I remember right, my computer didnīt find the HDD after that... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Iīll have to try again sometime. :D

Are you using a SATA Hard drive or a converter? I have the same board and I'm just using the regular IDE drives. I also hated the extra wait and the jumper was the only fix I could find for it.

Iīm using a regular uDMA/133 IDE HDD. When I tried to move that jumper back then, maybe some other thing might not worked properly... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thread Information