Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ok, nforce2 mobo...Epox vs. Asus vs. Abit

I'm trying to give a recommendation to a friend of mine who wants to upgrade to the nforce2 chipset. Personally, I'm partial to Asus, but he was thinking about getting the Epox or the Abit and I wanted opinions from you guys as to which is the best board.

Also, on the Asus A7N8X DX, does the SATA controller have RAID capability? It looks like it does, but it's not really marketed that way. Just wondering what the deal is with that because it seems like it would be a good selling point for the board.

Thanks Guys!
    Chad
    ASUS A7N8X DX
    Athlon XP 2100+
    Volcano 11
    1024mb Samsung PC2700
    (2) WD 80gig SE
    Chaintech GeForce3 Ti200
    SoundBlaster Live! 5.1
    LG GCE-8320B CD-RW
    LG GSA-4163B DVD-RAM
    Win XP Pro Sp2

I have used ASUS and ABIT and soon EPOX but out of the two i have used...i like to go with ABIT...seems like its less troublesome...like every other Abit i have used...both are fine tho...You really can't go wrong with any board as long as you keep it with those brands you mentioned.:cheers:
    - Damien

I go with EPoX. :devil:

i beleive that www.tomshardware.com had a review of all of these boards. They went with Asus as for the best. but go to the site and see why.
    I personally cant afford it, so I stay away. hehe

THG seems to be biased, so take whatever they say with some salt.

One thing you might wanna take into consideration is that the Abit board is the only nForce board to ship with an SATA to PATA adapter. No other company is doing this yet.

Thread Information