Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: My first time.....

...with a dual bios mobo. It was great!!
    I had to flash the BIOS, and it happened from Windows. So easy.
    I am amazed! It was gigabyte 7vax.
    Do all the dual-bios mobos are capable of doing that???
    I think its a good idea. :thumb:

many bios can be flashed from windows, I don't have dual bios and I can flash it from wiondows if I choose too
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

I have a personal phobia about flashing the bios from Windows. I've had several boards that claim that ability but I've always done it from DOS. Windows has always been prone to too much flakey stuff for me. At least with a dual bios you had the opportunity to recover easily from a bad flash if that would have happened. I may never know the joy of flashing from Windows until it becomes the only way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjackusa
    I have a personal phobia about flashing the bios from Windows.
    Me too - even though I've never experienced a bad flash, I always do it from DOS
    Epox has a Flash utility available for d/l that works in windows - it says in big letters right under it - Beta-not supported- doesn't exactly inspire confidense

I didnt worry about it. As this system was something I was doing at work, so even if the windows messed up the BIOS flash, its OK, cuz its cust. system. We would just replace the mobo. (actually we did replace the mobo, thats why i was flashing the BIOS) so I wouldnt be too worried.

Thread Information