Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: A7V266-e w/ Tbred "b" 2100+?

In trying to read through all the posts at numerous sites and understand the info (newbism) :o I am still somewhat :confused: However I'm in a bit of a twit as I need to make some qick decisions. :eek:

Have a A7V266-e rev 1.07 (suposedly hard jumper for xp multiplyers:confused: ) and was wondering if a 2100+ "B" could be put to good use on this board? I noticed most of you all have nForce2 or KT400 boards. Newegg has a sale with it going for about $87 oem(is this a good price?).

The setup would replace a A7N266 w/ 1900+ palo in the wife's. Would like to only spring for a proc as opposed mobo and proc. The system will be used a test bed to learn oc'ing and then for mild gaming, business app's, and web surrfing. After all it is supposed to be the wife's! :rolleyes:
    OZ 1(wife's)
    A7N266/PA/WOL, BluOrb on N'bridge
    1900+ w/Volcano 7 modded
    Crucial 512 PC2700 w/tt spreader
    VisionTek G3 Ti-200 w/BluOrb & sinks
    On Board Sound
    Maxter 7200 40Gig w/HDD Cooler
    52X CD-ROM
    TDK 40/16/48
    Generic Mid Tower
    w/Enerex EG365P-VE
    Envision 17" LCD
    Stock Settings
    Starting to Go (1.7)

The A7V-266e uses the VIA KT266A chipset and to the best of my knowledge is incompatible with Thoroughbred CPU's. Sorry but you'll have to stick with the Palamino core on that one.

:D Thanks for the responce. The only reason I have concidered this combo is the fact my A7V266 is a rev 1.07 board which has a jumper to change from palo it tbred :confused: and just trying to get any other input from other sources on how it worked for them.

"The A7V266E does enable full access to multipliers on T-Bred's. What he probably doesn't know is that the A7V266E is the only KT266A chipset board that can because of it's having the Athlon/Duron Palo_Freq jumpers."

This quote came form another site and the "him" is NOT refering to you!:thumb: All answers are of value to me because of my extreme newbness:o

By the way does that newegg price look good for a 2100+ Tbred?

I don't know what Asus has done there but I'm not sure that I'd like to try one on it as VIA (they make the chipset) don't support it.

Thread Information