Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Asus a7n8x

I recently bought some new computer parts.

asus a7n8x
    Corsair XMS 1 stick 512mb DDR pc3200
    AMD xp 1800
    Leadtek geforce 4 ti4600 a250 TD Ultra MY VIVO
    Lian-Li pc-60
    enermax 350w power supply

When I turned on the computer after setting it up there was nothing on the monitor. So I tried a different monitor. Still nothing shows up. I then fooled around with the gfx card making sure it was tight. Still nothing. I don't get beep codes, the green light on motherboard is on representing the gfx card is in place correctly. I was told it was probably the motherboard any ideas guys?

check ur BIOS to see the video card parts.,does it detect it?
    My new gaming rig..

[size=1.28]asus a78nx-deluxe
    2x256mb pc 3200 ddr 400.(with cooling)
    athlon Xp 2500+ ( at 200x10=2000mhz .)
    seagate 80gb 8mb SATA
    Tt vlocano 7+ cpu cooling
    Clear case from HK.
    Leaktek fx5600 128mb
    enermax 350w PSU
    wireless internet setup[/size]

(game/ftp server) windows xp pro, duron 1.4ghz, 256mb pc 2100 2x40gb Hd, radeon 9200se chieftec dragon
    canada price watch :)

Ya should have two sticks of memory in that mobo but do ya have the memory in the 1st DIMM slot? :?:

I'm actually having the exact same problem as this guy. I just bought one o' them great new A7N8X mobo's after my last Asus mobo fried. Everyone was telling me how easy it is to replace the mobo yourself so i gave it a try. When i power the PC on all the lights come on, and the fans whir, but the monitor doesnt... activate. Im pretty sure the video card is in place and works because this mobo comes with a red error light that comes on if there's any problem with the video card. I know the motherboard is getting power because a green light on the mobo comes on when i turn the power on. I've heard that lights on and fans whirring but no video indicates a common dead system. I tried unplugging everything in the system and running it with just the mobo, the video card, and the power supply to see if i could narrow down the problem but i'm still getting no picture. I'm running a 400watt power supply and am considering replacing it now. Wiggo you mention that this board has to have two slots of ram filled. I only have one slot filled, and the manual doesnt indicate that two slots must be filled. Is this the cause of the system not starting properly? Also someone else mentioned another possible problem, in the agp slot is a piece of plastic that can be removed for an agp pro (?) card. I removed that piece of plastic before installing my gforce4 4200ti and the connectors on that card do not fill up the space left by the piece of plastic. I cant find that piece now, but somehow i doubt this is the reason nothing is coming up.
    I figure this is a pretty common problem. Any extra help or advice is appreciated.
    Blessings
    Drift
    ps i also tried clearing the cmos but that didnt help either.

well, first,, try to take ur video card out, and just use the intergrated video to see if ur monitor works,... check everything with sandra or other programs to see if everything is working ok. then,,try to use a different montitor that u have,,or to brorow ur friends.

and one question,,does ur HD,, and CD roms run when u power on the computer???

is ur powersupply dead??? if it is not,,then i wont concider buying a new 400w one,,cause is a waste of cash.
    My new gaming rig..

seagate 80gb 8mb SATA
    Clear case from HK.
    Leaktek fx5600 128mb
    enermax 350w PSU

(game/ftp server) windows xp pro, duron 1.4ghz, 256mb pc 2100 2x40gb Hd, radeon 9200se chieftec dragon

o about the meemory,, it is a good idea to get 2 256mb of ram,if u want 512mb of ram,,cause then u get the advantiage of using the DUEL ddr.

if u ar really not sure what is going on,,take it to ur nearest computer shop to check ur computer out.. Is better to get ur computer fixed by a pro,,then to screw up ur whole MOBO
    My new gaming rig..

seagate 80gb 8mb SATA
    Clear case from HK.
    Leaktek fx5600 128mb
    enermax 350w PSU

Ok well there is no onboard video, the nforce2 chipset I have is MCP, aka onboard sound. So I can't just take the card out, I will return my stick of ram and get myself two pieces instead hopefully that will help. As for the other guy with the same problem as me if you find a solution please email me at lemieux@caleague.com
    Thanks

By the way, unless that gf4ti4200 is 8x AGP then you need that piece of **** plastic. I originally removed it too until I found out the issue. If your card is not 8x AGP forget finding another piece of plastic return the vid card and get the 8x one it's like 15-20$ more but it's worth it. Yes that plastic makes a huge difference.

Also in response to the other question. Yes my hd and cd-rom spin.

I just recently discussed my problem with an aquaintance of mine. He told me that my problem was I needed to sticks of ram. This is because of the dual channel support. So i'll go out and buy a 2nd stick of 512 ram and hopefully i'll be up and running. Thanks for your help guys.
    -Justin

it should run w/one dimm - as long as the correct slot is populated
    you'll just get better performance w/two dimms

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information