Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: PCChips M810L

IMO, this board sucks. But, in the opinion of someone just looking for a cheap economical system with no hopes of overclocking would disagree, as it does make a good reliable board. But if your under the influence of ever getting this, do yourself a foavr and dont.

lol the oc ability is one thing, not everyone wants to oc their computers. It's the memory support that's lowering the alround performance on that mobo and therefore should not be bought in my opinion..

:cheers:

Biostar, ECS and PCChips should be avoided at all costs as they just ain't worth their budget price (add Intel to that to unless ya just want a basic reliable no frills mobo).

That's true Wiggo. But I will seriously consider an Intel mobo in my new server which I'm building in a few month. Stability is all I'm after in that system.

By then the 2.66 ghz cpu will be even cheaper and it will do the job just fine.

:cheers:

I even run my servers with a slight overclock and stability isn't compromised (the P4 is doin' this duty atm while on dailup till the shop is finished bein' fitted out and then my XP2200+ @1920MHz will take over with the ISDN connection that will be in in a few weeks). Overclockin' and stabilty can go together if ya balance things right. :devil win

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Overclockin' and stabilty can go together if ya balance things right. :devil win
    That's true, but I doubt i'll need the extra speed in quite a while if i get the 2.66 ghz proc. But sure oc & tweaking is a funny activity.. :D

Though not for ocing, these boards seem to provide yeoman service. I got a real deal on some bundles (incl. cpu & ram) using this board and three of them have been running in a lawyer's office for a year with no problems and one is used by one of my grandkids for his 6yr old appropriate games. There are times when all some people need is a plain vanilla computer. Even hotrod gamers sometimes have to build inexpensive boxes for friends and relatives with modest needs.

Thread Information