Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too many MBs to pick from...

what is the best motherboard for overclocking? because i'm getting xp1800+ and 2 x 256 ddr ram from sing on tue and need a new motherboard

The Shuttle version of the VIA KT266A is probably the champ for overclocking..........www.tomshardware.com did a test ect....The MSI K7T266 Pro will overclock as will the ASUS ect........Shuttle may have the best in overclocking, but the others are close. For the best in overclocking you need to unlock the XP of course which is not that easy. I have not tried it yet since I have no need for more speed than the XP 1600+ and GeForce 3 supply(yet).................

Tom has a different view so check this shootout out http://www4.tomshardware.com/mainboa...126/index.html :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Quote Originally Posted by ct_
    8KTA3+Pro - my next board

now gotta save for it and a cpu and 1.5GB DDR :>

:bounce2: :bounce2:
    i have that exact board, and there is no way u'll be squishing DDR into it, AND having it boot

Well almost every time I message Darth, he tells me positive things about his EPoX board, so that looks like a winner - he's not easily impressed!!!
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

the EPoX 8KHA+ is now only $210 or less from www.scorptec.com.au
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Beefy Guest

I found out today that I can get one of the MSI K7T266 Pro 2 in a bundle deal with a Ath XP and RAM... I was looking at the RAID version but it's no good to me at the moment, cos the RAID controller doesn't offer standard IDE devices standalone...

so is it worth just going for this, or getting a better board? Chances are I won't be doing any serious overclocking, so i'm not too fussed about that.. but i want the potential there.. :)

EDIT: just took note of silencer's post.. that makes things interesting.. that's cheaper than what I can get the MSI for.. hmm...

ok, i typo-ed when i said DDR

i was reading of another board at the time and crosslinked the specs in my haed ;)

anyway, i can get a Epox 8KTA3+Pro for $105 including shipping, so i's ordered one today :D

now, if i dropped my requirement for an ISA slot, i could not choose a new baord - there's just far too many good ones

with that one requirement, options go down to only a few boards - much easier to choose and i don't have to get a new modem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information