Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too many MBs to pick from...

Beefy Guest

OK.. just been looking around at some MBs that support an Athlon XP.. Not quite sure what to get though.. I was looking along the lines of either Abit KR7A-RAID or Epox 8KHA+... but i'm not sure... any suggestions/stories/comments welcome...

I have the EPoX board you mentioned, and it has been very solid and an outstanding performer. I have also been hearing good things about the new Shuttle board. Gimme about a week and I'll be able to tell you if it's any good or not. ;)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Beefy Guest

I might wait and see how that goes then...

8KTA3+Pro - my next board

now gotta save for it and a cpu and 1.5GB DDR :>

:bounce2: :bounce2:

Beefy Guest

umm.. isn't that board an SDRAM board, not DDR?

The Epox 8KHA+ is around $220aus atm but the Abit board is about is about $100aus dearer and that's the non RAID one too. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I feel your pain, everytime I think I've found the ultimate board, something new shows up. Now starting to see some boards with USB 2 , and ATA133 raid arrive on the market.
    if you're in a hurry to buy either of your choices sounds good, if you can wait a month or 2 you might get a chance to see if the newer ones hold up (no major defects, and good driver/BIOS support)

The Epox is certainly better value (for those of you whom money IS an object!), but I've recently stumbled across a very good performing "value" board that you might want to consider (I certainly am). It seems to sell for around $AU150 which is fantastic considering most other AMD boards sell for twice as much. It's the ECS K7S5A. Based on the SiS735 chipset. Limited reviews around the net (tomshardware.com, techwatch.com.au) have its performance match that of the KT266 chipset. Obviously won't be a leader in peformance, but from the money you save on the mobo, you can put it towards a faster CPU or more RAM and end up with the same result performance wise. :)
    Onyx

TweakTown
    OCAU - Overclockers Australia
    CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

Yes the ECS K7S5A is a good, fast, stable and cheap motherboard (one in the box beside me) but we are at TT and the overclockin'/tweakin' department is sadly lackin'. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I currently use an MSI K7T266 Pro 2 motherboard with the KT266A VIA chipset. It runs an Athlon XP 1600+ processor with ASUS GeForce 3 graphics card.....The motherboard has lots of features and the price is right.........It has been very stable so far..........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information