Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can you "put" your motherboard

I mean on what surfices can you put your mobo w/o screwing it up, i mean like can you put it on carbet where can you actually put it (when it its not in the case; dur.) I guess the same question also goes for the proc.
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

If the carpet has a synthetic component in it then likely static will kill the mobo. I use the box and foam that the mobo came in to setup outside the case.

I usually like to stick it on some sort of hard material, e.i. the box, as wiggo said, and then stick the anti-static bag under the mobo. Whether it will actually help i dont know, since its not totally covered by the bag, but so far I've had nothing go bad.

phone book will work fine.
    I personally just find a piece of plywood and stick some of the standoffs screws into in and be done with it.

Personally a work top or the box is fine:thumb:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

would the top of a desk work fine? and should i put some anti-static material under it between the mobo and the desk? and what about the processor and memory?

desk will work, but I would put a heatsink on the CPU :D :thumb:

i said processor and memory :P

But he said not to fire it up with the HSF bein' on which ya havn't mentioned anything about yet. :p

im not THAT stupid but seriusily can i put my processor on the metal/alluminum part of my case (inside the "cage") ??? and i just assume memory can go anywhere

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information