Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi boys can you help bios prob

Probably because two of the BIOS updates available on their site had improvements (modifications) to the RAID capabilities of the board. On my old Abit board, I did the Flash, but at least they put a notice on their BIOS page that said that you'd lose the RAID info after the Flash.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

My goodness you have all been busy!!!
    You will be supprised by the outcome of the problem.
    I re flashed the Bios to the latest version in this version they included a compatability resolved issue to do with Scsi drives i have a Scsi drive installed as well as raid and, it turns out to be a compatibility problem between Raid and Scsi.
    Microstar did not get back to me so I'm dissapointed with them but, thank you all for your most helpfull advise. To be on the safe side when I re flashed the Bios I took out the Scsi card and re booted without any problems.
    To conclude the os would not start because of the Scsi v Raid compatability problem the new updated Bios fixed this problem. I did not mention to you about the Scsi card because it was not that hard drive that I was booting from it was the one on the Raid that is why I tried to switch the drive on the Raid to IDE because I thought the Raid was not functioning properly (it did not show on Boot up) despite being configured in the Bios.

I suppose one day perhaps in a dream all components will be compatible straight off. Years ago the only thing we had to watch was making sure the ide cables were the right way round!!!

when I walked into my local computer shop guys had lists asking will this work with my mobo? to the technician.

Thanks again boys
    now I have a working computer thanks to your input Kat

Glad its all working :)

Dissapointing MSI didnt email you back. They usually have pretty good customer support. Oh well, cant win em all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information