Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone going to see Lord of the Rings?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlab
    :D I just hope it's not as ceezy as prvious rip offs. I love to see it done right.:D
    check out the previews - its looks like it will be good - at website above

they have actually done 3 movies, one to be realesed every year at christmas

there is also merchandise poping up everywhere so I think the movie people think they have a hit on their hands

It's got a great cast......whose directing?
    Todate: 1000+ OC'g postings,
    +=I lost count sometime ago.

AthlonXP 1800|MSI K7T266PRO2|786mb P2100 Mushkin|20gig IBM GXP60 (Deathstar- it's twin died) Hd |20gig maxtor ata133|Abit GF4 TI 4200|SdBlstr live!|16x t0shy|16x10x40 Liton| Cooling: 3 80mm cf@128cfm, 2 grill Hd fans, 2 92mm & 80mm @64cfm mod'd gladiator.
    CPU @ 34c & Case @ 31c| MSXP|dsl

Save everybody sometime, post your system spec's. It saves time when ya need help!

Quote Originally Posted by Kheldar

Silly question

I've got the hobbit
    lord of the rings (3 book set & 7book set) - have read the condensed version as well
    similliraion

lost stories One & two

and a couple of others
    Just thought I would check :D

Reading the book, right before seeing the movie, has not gone well. It just seems to make the movie, all the more disappointing. I am 0 for 2, with Starship Troopers and the original Jurassic Park. Both books were great, but the movies marginal. Jurassic Park, not so much, but ST was dismal, compared to the book.
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

Beefy Guest

Back to the LotR books, I didn't think much of The Similliraion, but the rest were pretty sweet.... looking forward to the movie... I just hope it's not too stylised. from some of the previews, it's got a 'fake' kind of aura about it.. not sure if it was intentional or not, but it looks kinda strange... anyways, I guess there is only one way to find out...

Does Anyone know if the cartoon versions of Tolkien's books that came out as movies in the late 1970's/ early 1980's are available in widescreen DVD [2.35:1] format?

I've only seen them in 1.33:1 [4:3] format..

Beefy Guest

i only saw them on TV.. haven't seen anything on Video / DVD.. i doubt you'd get it in widescreen, cos it was made for TV...

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    Back to the LotR books, I didn't think much of The Similliraion, but the rest were pretty sweet.... looking forward to the movie... I just hope it's not too stylised. from some of the previews, it's got a 'fake' kind of aura about it.. not sure if it was intentional or not, but it looks kinda strange... anyways, I guess there is only one way to find out...
    Not the same auther........
    Todate: 1000+ OC'g postings,
    +=I lost count sometime ago.

AthlonXP 1800|MSI K7T266PRO2|786mb P2100 Mushkin|20gig IBM GXP60 (Deathstar- it's twin died) Hd |20gig maxtor ata133|Abit GF4 TI 4200|SdBlstr live!|16x t0shy|16x10x40 Liton| Cooling: 3 80mm cf@128cfm, 2 grill Hd fans, 2 92mm & 80mm @64cfm mod'd gladiator.
    CPU @ 34c & Case @ 31c| MSXP|dsl

Save everybody sometime, post your system spec's. It saves time when ya need help!

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDD
    Does Anyone know if the cartoon versions of Tolkien's books that came out as movies in the late 1970's/ early 1980's are available in widescreen DVD [2.35:1] format?

I've only seen them in 1.33:1 [4:3] format..
    Both the Hobbit (more of a kids version) and LOTR (darker version) were done in 1978. I have seen them on DVD, but not the widescreen format.
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlab

Not the same auther........
    Yes in the main it was, the Silmarillion was what he based the Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings on, as his background so to speak, but it was edited by his son Christopher after J R R Tolkien's death :D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information