Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hackers 2 - Operation Takedown

Just finished watching Hackers 2 - Operation Takedown on DIVX and I must say it's one of the best computer hacking movies I've ever seen, mostly for it's realism. They actually used real operating systems (varients of Unix and even Windows 3.1) - Other moves just seem to make up software that we think it should look like.

A good well done to the makers of this movie!

neva heard of it:confused:
    ummmmmmm i cant think of one :)

neither have i....windows 3.1? how old is this movie?:?:
    Madness is the gift that has been given to me!

*Slaps Ollie, Beffy and Mouse with The Creators lifeless carcuss.....then ties up Morgan lander and forces him to listen to ****ty pop music for hours..bwahaha

Last year I think. Don't worry, I hadn't heard of it either till I got it at a LAN the other week. Maybe it wasn't released in Australia.

yeah, its pretty good :thumb:
    i got it from a friend about a month ago

I have never heard of it either. I watched the first one and it was lame. They were hacking with MAC Powerbooks. LOL

in hackers 2 they were hacking nokitel phones and a system called SAS

does anyone have information on what company made the movie or produced it so I caould go find it

Talking Re: Hackers 2 - Operation Takedown

The reason nobody has heard of it is because it's not REALLY "Hackers 2". The "Hackerst 2: Operation Takedown" title is the bootleg name, or common name. The actually name of the movie is "Takedown" but you'll still find it more commonly under the Hackers 2 part. It wasn't really a big release. The original movie Hackers was more of an underground movie and did better with video sales than actual theater gross, so H2 was never released in theaters. It's actually just the Kevin Mitnick story. Anyone familiar with the hacker community over the past 10 years or so knows who he is, otherwise you might want to do a bit of research, because you won't know who he is or what the story is about. The movie itself is written with a bit of a bias on part of the person(s) responsible for tracking and capturing Mr. Mitnick, and the hacker community in general disagreed with the charges and portrayals in the movie.

Default Re: Hackers 2 - Operation Takedown

The movie Takedown is based on a book written by John Markoff using the real experience of Tsutomu Shimomura [the guy who helped the FEDs catch Kevin Mitnick].

http://www.takedown.com/ for more info. i remember reading the book back in the mid 1990's iand it was pretty good. but there was another book called "The Cyberthief and The Samurai" which was a much better read in my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information