Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sound Please Help!!!!!!!!

it is probably in the bios, but if you can't find it there, there might be a jumber on the board that that disables it

Some boards I've come across need both jumpers and BIOS settings to be changed - so just make sure that it is fully disabled ;)
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

not sure what a jumper is, anyone want to give a breif description?

Check your motherboard manual as it should have all the details there. :smokin:

thanx guys. I'll try that tomarrow and keep you posted!

Here's what a jumper looks like:
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

:snip: none of these fixes have worked so I am just going to sell the damn sound card and get a sound blaster. Thanx everyone, for your help!

Its a shame my our precious hardware is left by the wayside as things progress in the industry.
    Aureal and 3Dfx will always hold a special place in my heart:cry:
    I've been looking into that Hercules Guillemot Maximo Fortissimo II (sounds like a Roman General doesn't it?)
    Lots of folks love their SBLive cards, but it seems every time I get on a website, someone is having a problem with them.
    So for myself, when I retire this au8820, I'll be looking for a solution that is as trouble free as it has been.
    Just my 2 cents.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

I scored a bunch of those cards new OEM's on ebay a while back, 6 cards for 32 bucks shipped. I must say they kick ass.

I have them working in systems running, 98SE, XP, and 2K. No problems, no complaints.

Umm, just so I'm not confused - which card are you referring to, as at least 3 have been mentioned, and 2 in the previous post.

Whichever it is, 6 for $32 is pretty good - save a fortune shipping like that too :thumb:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information