Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I find this hard to believe

hrm, i don't think i have ne installed...i have tried GeForce Tweak Util but that made my benchmark score high but the graphix were absolutely ****house! well im gonna stop this from runnin to see if its causin the prob..
    At the request of wiggo ;)

Maybe ya din't completely uninstall it. :?:

it may just be coincidence, but woody had a prob with some "feature" of winxp that scans your system for media, ie mp3/avi etc in the background and it catalogs the info pertaining to media length, type, format, size quality etc... when this proggy finds a "dud" file it gets stuck on it trying to get info about it, and tends to sit at 99-100 CPU usage (low priority so everythin else is good)...

maybe its that?!

edit: just to note, win NT5 (w2k/xp) when in "idle" state, automatically issues a halt instruction to the CPU, this is effectively all the different cpu cooling programs did with idle's in win9x, so afaik these proggy's are unnecessary under win2k/winXP...ask saomeone that switched from 9x to 2k without using any s/w cooler before changing...hey i'm one of them;) but yeah, just another point to note...
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

rofl, damn that service would have had a fun time goin thru all woodies mp3's catalogin em all..rofl!

RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon is I think the Detonator Drivers tweak utility if I remember correctly. Hope this helps.

oh ****, maybe i should re-enable it then...

Another option might be to disable it at start-up. Then just open it when you are going to use it.
    Video card tweaks aren't really going to add much to the forum's for example.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

ive found it...it was some CPUCool thing, that CoolSrv...i don't y CPUCool would eat up so much CPU

Maybe it was because it was fighting with the naturally found software in XP? :?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper
    ive found it...it was some CPUCool thing, that CoolSrv...i don't y CPUCool would eat up so much CPU

That's what you want it to do Grim....... if its chewing up 99% of your CPU in Task Manager it's really turning off 99% of your CPU to save power and reduce heat. Simple! :)
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information