Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WinME Windows Protection Error

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    Well said..
    Thank you. :D

Thanks for your help ... am installing Win98 now and giving up on ME

Quote Originally Posted by jgordon
    Thanks for your help ... am installing Win98 now and giving up on ME
    Well, 98 is just as bad but better than ME. I think you should invest in either Windows 2000 or WinXP.

I'd love to, but I'm upgrading a friends P-II, 233 w/128m RAM that will be used at home for games (so Win2k is out). Haven't tested out XP on a system that ancient ...

Some ppl forget that the newer M$ software also takes more power to run fluidly and thus make assumptions on an unknown basis and also maybe out of the price range of others. Remember that there are certain horses for certain courses.
    jgordon goin' to 98 would be a good choice for that setup and IMHO Windows ME was a vast step backwards over 98/98SE and XP would bog that setup so badly it would be hard to get any sort of reasonable performance out of it. :smokin:

I think that win98se is the absolutley best os to use when you do alot of gaming... Minimal set of drivers running in the background etc... Quite "light" to if you using a low end machine. But thats just my opinion... I've used it for a LONG time now and I have never EVER had any problems with it... :)

I for one will totally agree with you there and anyone who couldn't get it to run stablely was deffinately doin' something wrong. :thumb:

So true...

Which is why I never considered XP as an alternative. Win2k would get awful performance as well on that system. ME was working fine (until it bombed).

ME is a bomb.:thumbs do
    I'd rather run Windows 3.x than ME. I'd personally stick with 98, since it has less bloatware with it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information