Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows for workgroups 3.11

you haven't tried running the games thru winxp?

I've tried a few and they worked very nicely

I've got a few here that won't work on anything better than "Pentium" class PC's no matter if it's 3.11 or SE. ;)

I've got a whole bunch, some of them worked on winxp, but some of them didn't. I've got LodeRunner for win3.1, but it still works on xp. Syndicate doesn't though:-( Also hoping to play police quest 1+2, space quest 1, kings quest 1, and this "Super Speed" racing game (Similar to those old arcade racing games, where you have an aerial view of the entire track), and then some older ones like Captain Comic. I pretty much have a box of 3.5's that I'd have to go through to remember everything. Can't recall which ones I had problems with on win95, but a few of them gave me trouble.

Beefy Guest

Sounds like you only need DOS then. All the earlier * Quest games were DOS based, Captain Comic is definitely DOS based... Syndicate was too.

To make life easy, all you really need to do it either make a boot disk, or install MS-DOS 6.22 or similar on the PC.

Note: This site may interest you

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    Note: This site may interest you
    Well, after fighting with the popups for nearly a minute, I closed down the browser session. I can't see any sense in visiting ANY site that is so disrespectful with popup advertising. :thumbs do
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Beefy Guest

Really? I didn't have any problem with popups.. and I haven't got a Popup killer or anything on.. :?:

Maybe me coming from a .net and you coming from an .au had something to do with it...dunno but it was killin me. :(
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Beefy Guest

damn... oh well... Just a nice little site with a heap of classic games to download...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information