Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: remove oem logo at boot up

in the bios under the start up menu option there were two options one was fast post mode which was set to auto and the other was silent boot which was set to enable so i disabled silent boot and the ibm logo is gone.
    the only thing there now is a black screen with the bios version typed at the top and a message to hit f1 if i want to enter the set-up utility(bios)
    is there a way now to put something else in its place or can i just boot right into windows xp or does the bios have to have time to boot?

thanks

It sounds like you are all set now.

as far as getting a different screen from your BIOS that would require modding the BIOS which is possible but not recommended.

how do i modding the bios? itd be cool to give it a try..

Make a backup of your bios first, because if you screw up your motheboard is pretty much toasted....
    | AMD XP 1800+ | MSI KT3 Ultra KT333 | 512 mb Crucial PC2700 | Hercules 3D Prophet 8500 128mb |
    | 40 GB Maxtor HD | 30 GB WD HD | Lian-Li PC60 Modded Case | SK6 Heatsink | FastAccess DSL |
    | Windows XP Home SP1 | Mandrake Linux 9.0 |

how do i back up my bios?

it'll be part of the bios flash process there is a certain file that holds the image I forgot what the extension is but if you read the instructions it'll tell you to back up that file that way if you mess up you can flash your bios back.

Just get the program BootXP and you can change your boot up screen to what ever you want to. I now have SpiderMan as my boot screen cause my wife is a big fan of his.: peace2:

Beefy Guest

blkbird, he's talking about the logo of the company who made the computer that replaces the POST screen on some computers, not the Windows boot screen.. :)

where can i get bootxp

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information