Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: remove oem logo at boot up

how do i permanently get rid of the oem ( I.BM.) logo that pops up on the screen at each boot up before windows xp starts? whats needs to be deleted in the registry?

also how can i change it to something else if i wanted to do that?

thanks

;)

This has nothing to do with windows or the registry at all. In fact its totally related to the bios. There are some mobo manufacturers that include thie feature in there systems to hide the post information and display that screen instead. When I had my FIC mobo they did it with a fic screen I saw a biostar board and they do it with a biostar screen. If you can find a flash utility that changes/removes this screen which I think is highly unlikely then you can safely remove that screen. I did it with my Fic board A while back.

how do i find if i have a flash utility that changes/removes this screen ?

well I'm assuming that you have a computer built by IBM. So I would assume that the IBM website IF ANYTHING has this utility. However I just quikly ran by there site the only thing flash anything is fixes. For my FIC board it had a utility on the cd. That's how I remvoed that screen for me. But it may be a little different for you. Does system built machine have cd's that come with drivers or utilities? I wouldn't know cause I've never had a store bought PC before.

do you have an idea what file or folder i need to look for on the recovery disks.. it has some zip files but those are password protected by ibm..those s.o.b's and has othe files i cant get to but dont know what i should look for?

thanks

I have no clue. The program can be called a million different things. I guess you can email them or call them or some way to find out if they even make such a thing. Then again those blue IBM letters has been on there PC's since forever.

if IBM rebranded Intel OEM motherboards. you can try going into the bios and seeing if there is a dsiplay post messages option or a display oem boot logo option. if there is you could set either accordingly and no more ibm logo.

how do i get into the bios to check?

i think i found the bios. i rebooted hit f1 till a screen popped up with options to change. i dont see a display option would it be under something else a different name?

Quote Originally Posted by diablo
    i think i found the bios. i rebooted hit f1 till a screen popped up with options to change. i dont see a display option would it be under something else a different name?
    On one motherboard i saw an option called Extended Post Messages and if it was enabled you got rid of the boot logo and disbaled you got to look at the logo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information