Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why does Win-Me suck?

Sis just roll back system restore to that 1st restore point that I set and that should cure whatever is causing that. ;)

now why did I post that as she'll be here anytime now :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by [size=6
    JemyM[/size]]
    Its interesting to hear people comparing WinME/98se... Its same buggy ancient os to me.

Best Regards
    JemyM
    That would be because you didn't know exactly how to setup and tune 98/SE properly then. I very rarely get a BSOD on any 98/SE PC I setup (and forget about the "Memory protection" bs as if you knew what exactly goes on in the os then you won't have a prob) and installs usually last a year or so for me, MEss is just a POS. Ppl's ignorance with os's and the hardware they're using is usually the largest factor for instability in PC's and I know as I fix enough blunders every week to know. :smokin:

Testify Brother Wiggo!!
    Yessir, I spent a lot of time researching the hardware I purchased for this PC I'm running. Combine that with the time I've spent tuning 98 SE and it rounds out to be 1 doggone reliable system that gets the everyday tasks of computing flawlessly achieved:thumb:

Well worth the effort to get to know your hardware and OS.

And if you don't have the time to do that - then you will probably just have to live with whatever you get.

Of course, if I didn't find it so fun I'd probably have a POS system too:eek:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Sorry but I get a little put out by ppl that put an o/s down when it's obvious that they don't fully understand it. :devil win

I understand, you see that behavior everyday.
    A lot of folks think a PC is a fancy TV - just turn it on and watch the screen.

Maybe in the future - be nice if it were true now.
    For the time being though, it's study, study, study. If you were born with a defect in your tweaking bone, a PC probably isn't for you.

My tweaking bone is good to go, it's my brain that has the deficiency:D
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Sis just roll back system restore to that 1st restore point that I set and that should cure whatever is causing that. ;)

now why did I post that as she'll be here anytime now :confused:

I got one small little problem, It's not there!

You called it the first restore and its done the disappearing act :confused:

Damn bloody MEss. :(

I just figured out what happened, it only stores up 1-3 weeks of restore points depending on how much memory there is. :cry:

Strange that as I've seen it hold a lot more and you certainly had plenty of room so I wonder what's goin' on with it. :?:

Maybe we'll just have to do it again and you leave that program off that started the prob. ;)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information