Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 2002

ANother one of microsoft's evil plan of taking over the world. I have a deep respect for microsoft. With all the **** they go through with legal issues and stuff. But this is turning me away. Its turning alot of people away. THe palladium feature will give microsoft the ability to basically "own" your PC. ANything that is not permitted that you do not legally own such as MP3's and all of the kind of things they can delete. They also got Intel and AMD to work together to integrate this new feature in the new upcommin processors.

Which is why I'm hoping that this new Linux consortium that's streamlining the whole installation of Linux oses and apps into something as easy as Windows sure hurries up with it. :devil:

Actually Red Hat is pretty easy to use now...it's been windowized a lot and several of the die hard Linux users think it's lost it's roots but many main stream corporations are moving to it.

I played a bit with Slackware, took me three months to get the system configured and running but it was pretty cool once it was running.

I had to dismantle the system to build a computer for work work so I don't have Linux installed any more. If you liked the old DOS days you will love Linux. It's pretty powerful at the command line and the GUI's they have look good.

Sorry but DOS was never one of my high points, I just know enough of that to keep me out of trouble and a big thick book for the rest. ;)

Lycoris is closer to my likin' though atm. :)

bah fdisk and format, the best 2 comands every :D
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

If not for fdisk and format there would be no windows!

:D
    Just keep Sliping ans Sliding

well at least 9x
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

Correct me if I'm wrong. Doesn't almost all if not all operating systems use fdish and/or format to perpair their hard dirves.

I know hard dish and other disk makers use Dos format (fast and clean) to perpair their products for market.

Win XP/2000 and others might hide it operation within their systems.

I think Mac uses a different trwist on their format but still a spin off of the Dos format.

Dos certenly has big limiatation, but it's fast and clean with low equipment resorce use.

Anyway I'll give a toast to Dos. :cheers:
    Just keep Sliping ans Sliding

Yes they all use it. Some use it to different variants and styles like you had said. But they all use it one way or another. This is of course only if the disk did get formatted. Cause you can simply reinstall the OS.

you could use gdisk instead?

But why???:confused:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information