Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: WinFax

I'm trying to install WinFax on my Win Me system and it tells me that it detects an earlier version of WinFax on my system which I have to uninstall first. I did have an earlier version of the software but had removed it, it has obviously left traces which are being detected by the new version. How can I find and get rid of these traces. Thanx for any help.:confused:
    Warez R me

probably the registry.......first back up your registry then remove anything related to winfax. Reboot and you should be all set.

I would check the developers website to see if they have a utility or a solution to your problem (and of cleaning the registry) I know some ppl are not keen on messing with the registry.

Use RegClean and it will pickup the entries that you need to delete (it will probably find a few others as well). ;)

Thanx for the advice guys. I don't really want to mess around with the registry since I don't know what the heck I'm doing. Tried finding the RegClean program that u mentioned Wiggo but does not appear to be available at the MS site. Any suggestions where I can get it?:confused:
    Warez R me

Regclean is not a microsoft application so it won't be on there website.
    http://download.com.com/3000-2094-88...ml?tag=lst-0-1

Spawn, thanx for the link. I'm downloading it now and will give it a shot.:D
    Warez R me

Well guys, ran regclean but still could not reinstall WinFax. Took the plunge and edited the registry. Found 2 WinFax entries and renamed them. That did the trick. Have WinFax installed successfully now. Thanx for all the help.:cheers:
    Warez R me

Thread Information