Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: OC the 2500+ at 3200+ speeds?

Quote Originally Posted by gkline
    Woody Does yours run Prime95 without errors at those speeds without the vcore being raised?

I have experimented with the vcore at various settings and to run 11x202 I need a min of 1.775. That isn't that much of an increase.
    The 2500+ defaults to 1.65Volts so raising it to 1.775 is a substantial increase. I had been running mine at 1.675 just as a matter of technique but a couple days ago I backed off to default (1.65) and it has been stable for a couple days now running under stress at 11x200. I've been able to get this CPU to run at over 2.3GHz and never raised the Vcore above 1.725. Every CPU is different but I think you are probably setting it too high.

Quote Originally Posted by MizuChi
    i`d normally leave the vcore settings to auto, unless i just feel like setting it myself... btw, what`s the max fsb a pc2700 ddr`s capable of?
    The max FSB of your RAM will be dependent on the modules and the brand quality. You can also tweak the latency timings to see what works but that usually involves a lot of tweaking, testing, and rebooting, with a few CMOS resets along the way.

pc2700 RAM is designed to run with a FSB of 333 (2x166) and default timings. If you can't get at least that speed then you need to return it. Probably you will be able to get it to run faster but each module will be different and you have to experiment.
    ASUS A7N8X Deluxe, Athlon Barton 2500+ with SLK-800 and 4800rpm 80mm fan, ATi 9700Pro(AIW), Dual 256MB Corsair XMS 3200c. Seagate Barracuda SATA. 200MHz fsb with 11X multiplier, RAM latency: 2,2,2,5

Dunno about you guys in US but in Canada i've found a site that sells kit FOR overclockers, a pentium kit and an AMD kit to OC a 2500+ to a 3200+, go see by yourself!!!

It's selling as a kit and it has been tested!!!

http://www.ncix.com/productlist.php?...inorcatid=1162

Quote Originally Posted by syx
    Dunno about you guys in US but in Canada i've found a site that sells kit FOR overclockers, a pentium kit and an AMD kit to OC a 2500+ to a 3200+, go see by yourself!!!

It's selling as a kit and it has been tested!!!

http://www.ncix.com/productlist.php?...inorcatid=1162
    Only thing about the "funny" kit are the price and the fact that it comes with a stock fan/hsf combo which are not that bad its what im using cause i just have bearly any time to play with it atm... here is what i get from it when i updated to the new uber 1005 bios just the other day, temps are 37-38 with full load, also im sure i could get the fsb higher but since the ram is pc 2700 around 404mhz i get game instability (where BF1942 kicks me out) not windows though which is wierd any way here is the pic of the barton 2500

Well I have had two barton 2500+ chips and am on my third now, I got the other two to 3000+ speeds with hard tweaking and pleanty of time to do it with some good cooling, but they ended up fried after 4 month of them speeds, I have this one running at 2.0 gig and it is staying there as money is becoming a problem with me just getting a radeon 9800pro and all. when I had the bartons running at 3000+ i had a copper heatsink and both sides of the case were open at all times with two big fans blowing in each side and the temp of the cpu was only 45C but it still burnt out lol, but not all of them are good overclockers, I think the one I have now is the best so far but i will waite till i push it to its limets. just because you can keep a chip cool dose'nt mean it wont fry and I have proved that but its fun trying and the proformance was loads better and 3dmark was getting to high for me to beleave and that is what its all about guys, so good look with the overclocking and hope you have fun.
    :snip:
    Bulldog_UK

I am running this tird barton on a different mobo now a kt400 so maybe my old mobo was playing up and there was a short what fried the chips who knows, there is loads of possibilitys and im not blaming the overclocking its just they were overclocked when they went, thatr board did have problems through my compulsive clocking abd i altered it to much i think as it was faster than it should have ever been lol but i enjoyed the experience and thats whats made it fun for me.:hammer:
    Bulldog_UK

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_UK
    Well I have had two barton 2500+ chips and am on my third now, I got the other two to 3000+ speeds with hard tweaking and pleanty of time to do it with some good cooling, but they ended up fried after 4 month of them speeds, I have this one running at 2.0 gig and it is staying there as money is becoming a problem with me just getting a radeon 9800pro and all. when I had the bartons running at 3000+ i had a copper heatsink and both sides of the case were open at all times with two big fans blowing in each side and the temp of the cpu was only 45C but it still burnt out lol, but not all of them are good overclockers, I think the one I have now is the best so far but i will waite till i push it to its limets. just because you can keep a chip cool dose'nt mean it wont fry and I have proved that but its fun trying and the proformance was loads better and 3dmark was getting to high for me to beleave and that is what its all about guys, so good look with the overclocking and hope you have fun.
    :snip:
    one question i have for you is how did u have a barton cpu 8+ months ago??? i mean they only came out about 4 months ago what i am reading here is that you had a barton then it died 4monts later then u had another which died again 4monts later thats 8 months... well dont matter

I bought a Barton 2500+ CPU Retail for around $110.00 USD. It's been burning and running some games like Unreal II & GTA Vice City without a single problem. Pretty stable I'd say. It's OC'd @ 185x12.5 = 2.3Ghz approx. but I can't seem to get the memory mhz over 194, or else it either locks or is instable "once" in a while.

Anyways, it reads as a 3.2Ghz CPU with CPUid :), my MB is an EPOX 3RDA+. I guess could go a bit higher like 190x12.5... or something like that, but I just feel comfortable at this speed for now, and at "around" 190, every once in a while it gives me the blue screen so I guess you can say it's not so stable.

Btw, my case is kinda small. It's a Raidmax cheapo case. I think once I transfer everything to a larger case which I ordered a few days ago (it's a Chieftec), I think the temperature will drop a bit more. I'm also using the new Artic Ceramic Thermal Compound Grease which has been only applied only a day ago. Before, I just used the thermal grease that came with the cpu.
    AMD Barton 2500+ OC'd @ 2.3Ghz, Thermalrite 800U 38C Idle and 43C & Full Load, Heatsink, OCZ 2x256M=512MG PC3200 EL DDR, ATI-AIW-7500 Radeon, Enermax 460 PSU, LiteOn 52x24x52 CDRW, Maxtor 120 & 80 Meg HDD 8M Cache, 4 Fans, All Rounded FDD & HDD Cables

I've been pretty lucky with mine too.

2500Barton running at 200x11.5 (2.3Ghz) and it seems to run all tests and PC MARK's just fine, no lockup's. (displays 3200+)

When I start to OC my FSB, I get very inconsistent results from different benchmarks. I'm not sure if it's RAM timing related, my weak-assed, generic 300W P/S, or if I'm just pushing it too hard.

I can get 215FSB with 11.0, memory at 6,2,2,2.5 (says "Athlon Processor" , 2.37Ghz) and it seems to work well except when doing PCMark2001SE, and PCMark2003. PCMark 2002 is ok. :-/

Still playing with voltages, 1.7 - 1.77 range. Too low and XP won't load desktop completely.
    CPU temps are around 42C in ASUS probe, slightly more in BIOS.

Still tweaking.....could use advice on how to run OC FSB stably or 200FSB @ 2.4Ghz stably.......

retail 2500+Barton
    Global Win. CAK488T copper, HSF
    ASUS A7N8X ver 2 (non-dlx)
    Corsair PC3200 LL, w/heat spreaders
    old assed case and P/S
    Sapphire 9800 Pro
    C18B1005 BIOS

Go and get ya self a PSU in the 430-480w range and that should overcome ya prob BA..

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpowers
    one question i have for you is how did u have a barton cpu 8+ months ago??? i mean they only came out about 4 months ago what i am reading here is that you had a barton then it died 4monts later then u had another which died again 4monts later thats 8 months... well dont matter
    Well I maybe a little off on the dsates but it was an example, I bought my first barton on the3rd of january this year, bartons have been out longer than 4month and i have had one 6 month ago, I work in a retail shop and get these chips before they are on sale to the puplic, not months before but a little before but thankyou for your concern and I can assure you there was guys who had this chip even before january so just thought I would clear that up, if I thought I was going to be interigated I would have gotten the date down to the secound lol but never mind.
    Bulldog_UK

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information