Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best fan to use?

Hey I have an XP 2400+ and am using a Cooler Master HHC-001 fan. It keeps my cpu between 31 and 34C. If I use a Thermaltake SLK-800 heatsink and a Vantec Tornado fan, will that be better than the current fan I have now? I'm using that as a case fan, it dropped my case temperature from 30-31C to 25-27C. I would assume it would be exceptionally better than the fan on the cooler master heatsink.
    SuCk iT tReBeK!

I think I can safely say that you'd get better temps....but wow...how can you still hear with an 80mm tornado nearby? How far away is your tower...and what'd you do to bear it...have to encase it in 4ft thick foam?
    :wow:

heh, yeah it's a tad loud. Sounds like someone's running a dirt devil in the background. The thing is right next to me in an Antec 1080 case, so there's not much blocking the sound. But I'm usually playing games or listening to music so I kinda get used to it after a while ;p
    SuCk iT tReBeK!

Dude, you got great temps, why spend money on another HSF when you already have great temps?

Well I was guessing that the better you can cool it, the higher you can overclock it while staying stable...
    SuCk iT tReBeK!

Thats true, but as long as ya keep under 50-55C your doing okay. I would just leave everyting as is, and o/c and see what happens, then if needed, switch fans

Ok, this is my first time overclocking. There's no heatsinks on my memory so I'm thinking about ordering 2 of those Thermaltake cooper heatsinks (for 2 ddr333 512 crucial 2.5cas sticks). I tried upping the voltage and fsb through my bios a few weeks ago and it messed up my sound card and wireless lan card. I had to replug those in and reinstall them. What gives on that?
    SuCk iT tReBeK!

when ya up the FSB, ya up the PCI bus. If ya cant lock the PCI bus etc, youll have to deal with it. Although since your HD and everything runs off of the PCI bus, it could cause damage to them, when its speed gets out of spec.

I would go ahead and order the RAM heat spredaers as well

How do you lock the PCI? or does it depend on the motherboard...If so, what kind of motherboards can do that?
    SuCk iT tReBeK!

Quote Originally Posted by GWARslave
    How do you lock the PCI? or does it depend on the motherboard...If so, what kind of motherboards can do that?
    i read somewhere that nforce-2 mobos lock the PCI bus..

yay! i have a nforce2 mobo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information