Soz but while mergin' 2 threads for junX the thread disappeared so here it is. :o

Originally posted by junX
well i got 500 mhz comp, with pretty decent upgrades,ram and vid card ect. how high can i overclock it, its an amd0k6 btw: . Im so f****n sick of this 500 mhz s**t and i would like to see it go higher. how doi do it, any support would be helpful
fill me in
thankz
junX

[Admin]
This is a public forum. Please conduct yourself in this manner. Amazingly, you really can get a point across without an abundance of profanity.
[/Admin]
Originally posted by amd_man2003
[b]well, first, id would help to have a description of your system.
Motherboard, ram, cpu vid card, etc
Originally posted by RP Racing
[b]What make? If its a Comcrap Presario, you cant.
Originally posted by PrairieDawg
[b]As I eventually found out there are ways to overclock some Compaq Presarios. Options are very limited but it can be done. First thing to do is to find out what motherboard that you are using and go from there. If ,in fact, you do have a Compaq the odds of getting a 500 to run at 650 are probably non existant.
Originally posted by junX
[b]Ram= 320 mb
Vid card =gf2 32 mb
cpu,M-board = AMD-k6 501 mhz
HARD drive = 10 gb [5] left
Originally posted by Wiggo
[b]I've got a couple of these and 550-560MHz (5x110-112MHz) is pretty good for them but they do run hot and a standard SS7 HSF isn't likely to keep it cool. I use Socket A HSF's on mine (Duron grade) to keep them cool. Some have been know to get 600MHz but rarely are they stable at that speed.
Originally posted by VinnieVen
[b]I've only even increased the mhz by about 10%
Sorry but I honestly don't know what went wrong. :shrug: