Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thermal Compound

I need some new heat transfer compound for my hsf, but cant decide between Arctic silver ceramique TC and Arctic silver 3 TC

what would you ppl suggest out of these two? or have you got something even better? :D
    'Life is what you make of it'

For system specs goto my webpage, and have a lookie under the 'pc specs' area

I've been usin' AS3 for quite a while now and still have a few dozen more applications left in the tube before I decide on a replacement.

nother vote for AC3 here, that stuff is a real life saver...well a cpu saver anyway
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

thx all :)

*orders as3*
    'Life is what you make of it'

For system specs goto my webpage, and have a lookie under the 'pc specs' area

Creamique is supposed to be better but less noob friendly.
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

I read a review on Thermal compounds (forget where) but they showed it on a graph.
    Shin Etsu was by far the best (4degrees less than others) after the 3 day cure.
    I couldn't find it. So I bought the Cooler Master premium, made by shin etsu. I hope it works as good as it says.

Regards,
    Chez

OCAU forums has a group buy for Shin Etsu i ordered 2 tubes, recently ordered some more AS3 and Nanotherm XTC Silver

I am a reading/learning junkie when it comes to something I Am interested in.
    Since I started to want to overclock I have gone all out and read just about every article I can find.
    Same thing with the new system I am building(just waiting on the parts to come in, some have already) I will put it in my Signature box here soon.

The most I have got out of all of them is RELAX, ENJOY and do it right the first time. Learn from other peoples mistakes.

Use the right compound for the job. Lap the heat sink as to get the best conductivity. Ect. Ect. Ect.

First take care of your hardware , and the abuse you will put it through, so it will take care of you.

Then you can delve into the software part knowing you did your best with the hardware to be able to safely OC and go all out.

Just my thoughts,
    Chez :blah:

Very sound thinkin' there m8. :thumb:

a 1C drop using ceramique over as3....maybe, i'm doing it wrong but i saw the same results on a review so i don't feel so bad....
    Barton 2500+ (218x11) - SLK800A w/Vantec Tornado - G-byte GA7N400L1 - 256x2 TwinMOS DDR400 - BBA R9600Pro - Antec 350W

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information