Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: cmos temps and probe temps different...

just wondering... which one should i believe...? the cmos temps or the probe temps... the cmos and probe temps have a 10-20C difference... and the cmos temps are higher...
    My RIG...
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ @2.0GHz
    Asus A7N8X-X
    512MB PC2700 DDR
    128MB Abit GF4Ti4200 8x
    80GB Maxtor DiamondMax 9
    Realtek ALC650 on Creative Inspire 2.1

I have the same setup and in my case the CMOS temperature reading is always lower than Probe. Don't know what to say except there is probably a large margin for error on these things and you should use the most conservative values while leaving yourself a fair amount of room for eroneous readings.

These temperatures are really best use as a reference for your own purposes and don't have much use when comparing different systems.
    ASUS A7N8X Deluxe, Athlon Barton 2500+ with SLK-800 and 4800rpm 80mm fan, ATi 9700Pro(AIW), Dual 256MB Corsair XMS 3200c. Seagate Barracuda SATA. 200MHz fsb with 11X multiplier, RAM latency: 2,2,2,5

Anal Probe has always been notorious for it's inaccuracies. :(

MBM may help ya out. ;)

best way to know what your temps are is to hook up some hardware temp probes :thumb:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Thread Information