Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P4P800 and 2.4C

Hi there.
    I have the following setup:
    P4 2.4C @ 3ghz
    P4P800
    2x256mb Samsung DDR400

Looking at the temps from the Asus Probe I am just wondering whether it can be correct! The CPU temp is idling at 28 and even under load when running Prime95 it only ever reaches the mid 40s. :rolleyes:

Oh also I'm running the vcore at 1.6V which translates into about 1.63V in reality. Thats in no way a danger to the CPU is it? On the box it says the max is 1.55V so I'm thinking 0.05V over can'e be that bad can it?

I don't have a lot of experience with P4s but my overclocked Athlon temps are similar and that is pretty cool for an Athlon. I'm sure it's fine.

Let's see some benchmarks!! :D :D :thumb:
    ASUS A7N8X Deluxe, Athlon Barton 2500+ with SLK-800 and 4800rpm 80mm fan, ATi 9700Pro(AIW), Dual 256MB Corsair XMS 3200c. Seagate Barracuda SATA. 200MHz fsb with 11X multiplier, RAM latency: 2,2,2,5

Anal Probe is one of the worst bits of monitorin' software to found. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Anal Probe is one of the worst bits of monitorin' software to found. :(
    Hahha nice one Wiggo. :laugh:
    Well I'll try MBM or something similar when I can be bothered hehe.

Well heres some Sandra scores I ran just then.
    CPU Arithmetic:
    ALU 9187 MIPS
    FPU 5695 MFLOPS

CPU Multimedia:
    Integer 13743 it/s
    Float 22029 it/s

Memory Bandwith:
    Int 4732 Mb/s
    Float 4736 Mb/s

I think the Samsung memory I have is holding things back. It will run at CAS2.5 but it craps out in Prime95 after an hour or so. At a crappy CAS3 it will run all night.

Oh btw those scores above are from running at 250FSB which means the CPU is running at 3ghz and the ram is running at 200mhz using the 4/5 multiplier.

And I won't even bother with video benchmarks for now with the crappy Hercules 4000XT I have plugged in at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by buckchoi

I think the Samsung memory I have is holding things back. It will run at CAS2.5 but it craps out in Prime95 after an hour or so. At a crappy CAS3 it will run all night.

Oh btw those scores above are from running at 250FSB which means the CPU is running at 3ghz and the ram is running at 200mhz using the 4/5 multiplier.
    Hey buckchoi, I have a Albatron PX865PE Pro II with a P4 2.4c running at 3.0 (FSB250) on standard voltage with the stock Intel fan. I am getting idles of around 32 and load 36-41.

I am also running Samsung DDR400 (2x512mb). Before you dismiss the Samsung , read this article - Lost Circuits DDR400 Memory Showdown. Not running at CAS 2.5 ain't the end of the world...

Ahhh intereseting read there :)

Is your Samsung ram Samsung original or another brand.
    mine is A-Data it seems but at least it's on the list of Asus tested modules I guess.

Click Here

Hahha nice one Wiggo. :laugh:
    Hey now I invented that.. :mad:

lol

mine is A-Data it seems but at least it's on the list of Asus tested modules I guess.

Click Here
    My ram is Samsung branded (and of course Samsung chips). I get better reliability at CAS 3 (in fact, rock steady). It will run down to CAS 2 but is not reliable overclocked at this speed. 2.5 will run OK most of the time but will eventualy crash or lock up under stress.

Click Here
    And a more interesting read at which suggests that memory don't matter as much as we think...Overclockers.com

Yeah I've left it at CAS3 for now since there is negligible difference.
    What does make a difference though is the MAM feature in the Asus Bios. I don't know what it does but it sure makes a difference in the Memory bandwith test.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information