Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Ocing my 2100+ further?

Ok well i have my 2100+ cpu at 2400+ speeds
    12x166

MY rig
    2100+ with sk-7 and ys tek adjustable + 5 case fans. Temps at 2400+ speeds are 33-34 under load
    512mb pc3000 hyperx 6332

8rda+
    9700np

How should i oc this thing? Dont want to blow it out but do want to keep it at its new speed for the rest of the time i use the comp. I dont want to oc and then underdo my oc. I will be using this thing for games and all.

Anyone tell me steps to ocing this thing well. Whats the vdimm and vcore? I know what they are but will i need to increase them from default? Will this hurt my cpu?
    Heatware.com Factoryxxxx 14-0
    Ebay.com FFactoryxx
    Gametz.com FFactoryxx

YOu wont have to up your RAM voltages untill you pass 366mhz or so, so thats not m uch to worry bout. Your cpu temps look great, and if you want, you can proabaly up your voltage to around 1.85Vcore on the CPU, but not much more than that, and keep an eye on your temps as well. If you do that, you MIGHT be ables to run 200 X 11, but probaly not times 12. And thats only if you can get your RAM to run 400mhz, which itll probably be abe to do.

But overclocking has lots of lucik involved in it, some chips will overclock to you cant keep it cool, and some will barely overclock at all.

ok, so will i sacrifice Speed with a lower mult and a higher fsb?
    I mean is say is 12x185=2220 going to show the same cpu performance (other tahn fSB being uped) than say 13.5 x 166=2240

Someone said the lower the multi, the lower cpu performance you get.

Also what is the difference in timings and what are the hyper x pc3000 rated at? (lower better?)

Lastley how long should i run memtest and prime for before changing bios more? Can i run both for 20min then change?
    What are the options i should choose in memtest (numbers please)
    Heatware.com Factoryxxxx 14-0
    Ebay.com FFactoryxx
    Gametz.com FFactoryxx

The higher your FSB, the better the performace, because everything can communicate quiker........so if you drop your multiplier and up your FSB more, youll get beytter poerformance

Thread Information