Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Overcloking p4 2.8 ghz

My cuzz, just bought a new rig...
    p4-b 2.8 Ghz, Radeon 9600 pro,
    it was a medion brand PC, but it has Intel brand mobo, so it should be absolutely non-overclockable.
    Well i thought maybe we should buy a new mobo, and keep ddr-rams installed, of use. But we only intend to do this if it will overclock considerably well, watercooling is unaffordable for now, we'll have to do with Zalman CNPS 7000Cu which is a cheap massive aircooler. BTW is 9600pro "softmoddable" to 9800pro cos they seem to have the same pcb layout?
    Anyone with any ideas to help us out, feel free o do so...
    Thanx in advance.
    :cheers: :cheers: :thumb:
    Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop
    p4 1.7GHz, 1GB DDR-Ram, 40GB hdd, DVD-ROM+External DVD-+RW, connected to a BenQ 17"LCD Display (own LCD display went nuts)

Quote Originally Posted by ufuk21p
    we'll have to do with Zalman CNPS 7000Cu which is a cheap massive aircooler. BTW is 9600pro "softmoddable" to 9800pro cos they seem to have the same pcb layout?
    Zalman's cpu coolers isn't any good if you want to oc your cpu. Try and find a cheap thermaltake instead, the Volcano 7+ is one of the best IMO.

As for the Intel mobo your right, you probably won't get it to run at anything higher than stock, a replacement is needed.

The ATI modding question may be answered by someother member who have more knowledge about those cards.

there r ways to break into ur bios and OC even if ur bios has it disabled, i havent tried them but i here they have some use, one is called CPUcool and another is called CPUfsb and softFSB they tweak fsb's aperently and they work right through windows, tweak too far and ur system crashes, seams kina simple to me...

Thread Information