Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB Overclockable?

Wazzup people,

I'm a new corner here and I've been told it's a nice place to be... so here I am.

I just bought myself a new system (see in my signature) that I believe isn't too bad at all. I can do pretty much what I want with it, but I was wondering about overclocking a certain stuff. With the motherboard I have, overclocking the CPU is a joke... I've got a percentage of how much I want to overclock the CPU in the BIOS itself so it shouldn't be too much of a problem but the question is how to overclock the graphic card?

I know there was some software around to overclock the older versions of ATI, like the Radeon 9500 Pro... but how about the one I have? Like some of my co-workers are saying, why the hell would I want to overclock such a system... it's already performing well enough, but I was curious to know if we could do anything with this card to overclock software based so that I don't affect any hardware (no warranty breaking if done that way).

Anyone could maybe point me out something or even help me out on this? I'm not a newbie in hardware but in overclocking yes... and as you can see, I've actually equipped my bomb with all the required essential material.

Thanks guys.:afro:
    THA BOMB!
    --------------------
    ASUS P4C800-DELUXE
    P4 2.8 Ghz w/ 800Mhz FSB
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB DDRII
    1 Gig Geil 400Mhz Memory
    Western Digital 120 Gig Special Edition 8 MB
    Sound Blaster Audigy 2
    ThermalTake Xaser III w/ 9 Fans!
    Corsair HydroCool Water Cooling System
    19" Samsung Flat
    LG DVD-RW
    Etc... etc...

Soon to be overclocked!

Take a peak at the omega drivers. Im using the Omega nVidia drivers and they seem to be pretty nice. http://www.omegacorner.com/
    There should be a way to OC the card from in the driver, but I havent used the catalyst version. Also Im not sure if its the news ATi driver, but give it a shot.

Does Power Strip Support the 9800 yet? Cause if it does, then you can use that. Also, i thought that the Radeon 9800 PRO 128 only uses DDRI memory, and not DDR2. What brand is it if it is DDR2?
    <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

powerstrip does indeed support Radeon9800's
    Rage3DTweak is another good one :thumb:

Quote Originally Posted by homeworld1031tx
    Does Power Strip Support the 9800 yet? Cause if it does, then you can use that. Also, i thought that the Radeon 9800 PRO 128 only uses DDRI memory, and not DDR2. What brand is it if it is DDR2?
    Good question, I was sure it was using DDR II and it was the Nvidia that actually moved back to DDR I because of performance matter.

As for Power Stripes, thanks for the tips, I will check that out.

Rage3DTweak, never heard of it but will give it a shot. Thanks for your answers. :D
    THA BOMB!
    --------------------
    ASUS P4C800-DELUXE
    P4 2.8 Ghz w/ 800Mhz FSB
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB DDRII
    1 Gig Geil 400Mhz Memory
    Western Digital 120 Gig Special Edition 8 MB
    Sound Blaster Audigy 2
    ThermalTake Xaser III w/ 9 Fans!
    Corsair HydroCool Water Cooling System
    19" Samsung Flat
    LG DVD-RW
    Etc... etc...

Soon to be overclocked!

I've been using the RAGE 3D Tweak without any problems so far on my 9800Pro. (Sapphire)

Thread Information