Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Overclocking my TNT2!!! Seriously

I have my old ASUS TNT2 32 meg card and i have no money to waste at the moment fot another card, i just want to overclock my old card for pleasure :drool: and to gain some fps.

Right now i can play at Unreal II and Unreal Tournament 2003 with this card... low rez naturally! I want to Overclock!!!!!!

i only need my LAN card so i have a lot of space and i want to glue a duron Heatsink to the GPU and something to the memory chips, is it possible??

Gimmie your ideas guys!

You can enable Coolbits or http://download.guru3d.com/ has some other utilities that will enable overclockin' but I wouldn't put a Duron HSF on it due to the weight though one of the Orb coolers and cuttin' up a couple of old 486/Pentium heatsinks will do for the memory.

Great idea those 486 heatsink, i know someone that has plenty!!

Ive seen an article on the net... the guy got 195/245... with massive cooling!!!!A xeon cooler on a side and another small cooler on the other side!!

I think im gonna put a good big cooler on the GPU, heatsinks on the memory ant une the old HSF and put it on the backside, what do you think guys?

THX all!!!

i have always wanted to mount a huge heatsink onto a gpu but i havnt yet had the balls to do it (or patience). if weight is scaring you i would use something like chopsticks to support it seeing as they are wood and not conductive. dont know if that would work but hell its worth a try eh? :devil:

i only need my LAN card so i have a lot of space and i want to glue a duron Heatsink to the GPU and something to the memory chips, is it possible??
    What do you guys use for glueing on hs?

I don't think I'd want to go with a huge heatsink on the GPU either, but oh well... thats just me.

Regarding what to use, I would recommend something along the lines of Arctic Silver Thermal Epoxy or something similar. It will hold your sink firmly in place and still provide thermal conductivity to allow for the best transfer of heat to the sink.

Some folks have also tried using four small drops of super glue at the corners of the chip with limited success, but you'll still want a quality thermal compound between the chip and the sink.

Don't use the cheap stuff for this application as you'll probably be making your bond between the GPU and the heatsink permanent.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

i use thermal glue... go see artic silver site!

man i love easy questions!!

Quote Originally Posted by swinger
    if weight is scaring you i would use something like chopsticks to support it seeing as they are wood and not conductive.
    :D :D I've used a standard pencil before with the tip broken off...the eraser makes a nice shock absorber too!! It was a quick, cheap, and effective solution on an old 900MHz athlon system! :D Whatever works right!? ;)
    ASUS A7N8X Deluxe, Athlon Barton 2500+ with SLK-800 and 4800rpm 80mm fan, ATi 9700Pro(AIW), Dual 256MB Corsair XMS 3200c. Seagate Barracuda SATA. 200MHz fsb with 11X multiplier, RAM latency: 2,2,2,5

As for glue, I use this stuff called JB Weld, It's real strong and has metal in it (so it conducts power and heat very well). Loctite also makes a similar product. Both are cold welding compounds meant for repairing broken metal. I sometimes carve soapstone and other rocks, and this stuff is harder than the stone. It can also be used for repairing stripped threads and can be tapped (multi purpose). It never comes off.:hammer:
    athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
    tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
    asus a7n8xe-dlx
    thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
    bfg 6800gt
    seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
    samsung dvdrw
    2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
    logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
    2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
    creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
    mushkin 550w