Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: P4 3.0 FSB 800 won't O/C even by 1 Mhz

Just upgraded to:

P4C800 DL, P4 3.0 FSB 800, 2*256 Kingston KVR400X64C25
    Powercolor 9700 Radeon Evil Commando II. Retail HSF.

System won't boot when FSB s increased by even 1Mhz.

Anyone could offer some advice, or am I stuck with one of those chips that won't accept any O/C at all.

My suggestion would be your ram. Kingston ram part # KVR400X64C25 whihc u have is suitable for the board, I however have had no good experience trying to overclock that ram with that board.

Also, you were sure to lock your AGP and PCI buses at spec before you attempted to overclock right? If not, try that...it just may help. :eek:

Even with the AGP/PCI floating then ya should be able to get a 1MHz o/c so I'd be lookin' at ya memory (have ya tried reducin' ya timings) and case airflow (what case are ya usin' plus what fans are fitted) so what temps are ya gettin' plus have ya increased the core and memory voltages? :?:

the mobo has adjustable fsb/ddr ratio. Its easierto sort it out that way. The AI thing asus has on newer boards just rock, from all the reviews I have seen so far. :thumb: Thats an excellent mobo u have there for OCing pal.
    Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop
    p4 1.7GHz, 1GB DDR-Ram, 40GB hdd, DVD-ROM+External DVD-+RW, connected to a BenQ 17"LCD Display (own LCD display went nuts)

Thank you guys for your time and help.

I tweaked the timing in my memory modules all the way down to 2,2,2,7. and that seems to be the source of the problem. System will crash often if I raise FSB, but at least now it boots. Guess I'll have to switch to 433 Mhz memory or more if I want to o/c my system.

Thanks everybody
    :smokin:

Thread Information