Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memory

Actually, I think it chronologically (oldest to newest) goes SDRAM, RDRAM, DDR SDRAM, but I could be mistaken (when I got my comp in Fall 2001, RDRAM was the fastest on the market, and Dell just stopped using RDRAM and started using DDR SDRAM in its comps). But ya, the fastest DDR SDRAM is faster than the fastest RDRAM. I think the fastest RDRAM, 32 bit 1066 maxes out at 4.2GB/s where as DDR SDRAM (3500, etc) can hit 6.4GB/s and more. So that's what, 1.5x faster? Also, most motherboards that advertise that they can support 4 GB actually only support 3.5, ya might wanna check that out. However, I dont think there's a reason to get more the a 1 GB, unless you do some really serious computing. : peace2: Mista K6
    Modified Dell 8200 Case:
    -400MHz FSB i850 Intel mobo
    -P4 Williamette Socket 478, 1.9GHz
    -768MB 16-bit PC800 RDRAM
    -MSI GF4 Ti4200 128MB @ 284/581
    -7200 RPM Maxtors: 60GB (2MB) on mobo and 160GB (8MB) on ATA/133 PCI Card
    -Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 Speaker System on an Audigy 2
    -Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Rock on : peace2: , MiStA K6

Yep, it went SDRAM, RDRAM, DDR SDRAM.

RDRAM had it's time in high performance systems, although it was very expensive. The DDR RAM has now surpassed performance of RDRAM so sorry yeah, it is the best RAM.

Can i mixed PC3200, PC3500 and PC3700 in my motherboard? co'z i still have 3 more slots available . does it matter? or all of them will run at 3200 speed?

thanks...

Ya can run into probs doin' that and yes if ya don't it'll only run as fast as ya slowest memory but it's best to stick with modules of the same make and model.

i see, co'z i'm planning to buy a new memory, the PC3700 from OCZ.

Man... when i bought my PC3200 DDR memory it was the highest and now here's a new one again!!! dammit! its hard to after these memories, every 3 months theres a new one commin, if you keep on aftering them, you'll end up being broke!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazysniper22
    i see, co'z i'm planning to buy a new memory, the PC3700 from OCZ.

Man... when i bought my PC3200 DDR memory it was the highest and now here's a new one again!!! dammit! its hard to after these memories, every 3 months theres a new one commin, if you keep on aftering them, you'll end up being broke!!!!
    Ahh.. the pleasures of owning a computer.:cheers:

[B]Rambus, along with Elpida and Toshiba today announced XDR DRAM as the world's fastest memory. Code-named Yellowstone, XDR DRAM uses Rambus' XDR memory interface technology. Running at 3.2GHz, XDR DRAM offers 8x the bandwidth of today's best-in-class PC memory.
    Lol.. speak of the devil. But don't worry, these babies I assume won't be on the market for a good while, so you'll still be fastest kid in town till then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information