Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any one know where I can DL softFSB?

I got a HPsomething or other from my Dad when I upgraded him. It had a 533celeron in it. I put a 766 that I had lyin around in it. Runs fine but I know it'll run close to 1ghz stable. Problem is H.Oda has stoped hosting SoftFSB. There's no jumpers on the board so no go there. Even broke out the circut writer pen but, of course it wouldn't boot. !@#$HP Any body know where it can still be found? Thanks
    [size=1.5]AMD 2100+ | Epox 8RDA+
    2x256KHX3000 | AreoFlow TMD
    Antec SmartBlue 350watt | 2 TT80mm case fans | WD 120gig
    Maxtor 60gig | FIC 9800pro | Apex Thermally enhanced case [/size]

Have ya tried Google? :?:

Well actually I did. When it returned only 2 results. One being a site on the search for the prime number, the other on the game Decent. I figured it was a wash. Then you suggested it. So I double-checked. Iíve got the game, havenít played in a long time. So I followed the other. Sure enough, there it was. softFSB right on their main page. : omg: Thanks Wiggo.
    Pity it doesnít support this board. Oh well I couldnít have increased the voltage any way.
    BTW Thereís a link on the article about OCing an Intel here at TT. Thatís supposed to lead to softFSB but it leads to a site on gaming. I searched around there for a while. Couldnít find it. That link may be bad now but then again. My searching ability could be lacking.
    [size=1.5]AMD 2100+ | Epox 8RDA+
    2x256KHX3000 | AreoFlow TMD
    Antec SmartBlue 350watt | 2 TT80mm case fans | WD 120gig
    Maxtor 60gig | FIC 9800pro | Apex Thermally enhanced case [/size]

what don't you just up the FSB in the BIOS?
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    what don't you just up the FSB in the BIOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti
    I got a HPsomething or other
    nuff said

Is this http://www.podien.onlinehome.de/default.htm the program that you seek ? It (CPUFSB) works on my Compaq system but you need to know what motherboard you are using.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    nuff said
    you'll have to excuse me, I've never used an HP p.o.s.

mininbubba some of us have to eat as well as wanting to use a computer. I have to agree that systems such as HP and Compaq leave much to be desired but cheap, mass produced computers are generally cheaper to buy. I too would like to own a "top of the line" system but reality says that is prolly not going to happen as I have other more important priorities. In the meantime I'll keep pushing my system to the limit with whatever programs/ parts I can afford.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

and some comps, no matter how cheap are just not worth it sometimes. IMO, compaq and HP comps cause more problems than they are worth :thumbs do

if you invest enough money and get decent...not necessarily top of the line... hardware it can save you both time and money later on

Starting to go way off topic here but I disagree with you minibubba. There are/were a lot of limits built into my system but it was inexpensive and I got what I paid for. My Compaq in its original configuration (Duron 750, 64 SDRAM, and TNT video card) although cheap and crappy by todays standards was still worth every penny that I paid for it. It did exactly what it was designed to do and what I expected it to do. The poor thing got me online and was a great word processor as well as being able to play older games. Not going to claim that what I use now is a great system but I have yet to find a game or application that does not work properly. Yes, newer systems will work faster and yes, I am missing some of the eyecandy that the newer video cards can handle.

I too recommend that people who can afford to avoid prebuilt boxs do so. However, there are a lot of us who buy the best that we can afford while still looking after the things that are really important. A computer is a luxury (and a hobby) in my world ... not a necessity ... food , clothing, and shelter all come first. You talk about " investing enough money" into a computer ... priorities like that are wonderfull for those who can afford them, have no real financial obligations, or need computing power to make a living.

Not trying to start an argument with you dude as I've see some good info come from you in the past. .... Just bugs me when people get caught up in the "mines bigger than yours" thing by trashing other peoples' systems. If you can afford to avoid HPs, Compaqs, etc. good for you! The rest of us know that there are better toys out there but not all of us live by the "he who owns the most toys when he dies wins" lifestyle ... (of course if I could afford to do it I might try).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information