Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone wanna crack at a P4C 2.6?

Ok, so can i just put the 3500 in the extraslot with my pc2700? also, where is a good cheap place to get this? the volcano7 should be easy enough...

Ya don't want that PC2700 in the system at all plus ya need a Volcano 7+ as the Volcano 7 is a socket A/370 HSF only. :rolleyes2

I figure the heatsinks i need i can get easily enough, but i need a site fir the up to date RAM

Well if ya included ya location then ya may get that part answered as well.

If you've got the stock P4 heatsink, start with that first and see how far ya go. It's not the most glamourous cooler, but it's pretty good. If you want to go for better cooling over the stock cooler, I'd recommend looking into watercooling.

Start with better RAM, though. See how far ya get and take it from there.

Ok, new RAM is official. i need it. I am in Mordialloc, Victoria, lower Melbourne suburb :) a web page would also help

[Edit] I think that ya'll notice what I've done. W

Now if everyone would at least put a country as their location in their profile it would make things so much easier but I'll leave this one for ppl who do live in ya area.

Fair enough. Does anyone know a decent online store for the ram i need that ship or transport their goods somehow? ;)

i have a great idea wiggo. have him sent some plane tickets to you and you can go there and take him shopping. lol
    Hope this helps
    Night

You probably don't want to hear this, BUT...

I'm running a 2.6c as well, i bought it a few weeks back. I've never really done any overlocking before (not since my celeron 433), so i wanted what you want.

an easy to follow, step by step guide that would basically say "set this value to this, set that value to that", and bingo! without any effort or tech knowledge, my computer would be faster.

but having said that, i think it's actually really important to know WHY you're doing what you're doing, because if things go wrong (or even just to get the best performance possible), you need to actually understand what's going on.

so instead of looking for the easy way out, take a look around and read up on how it all works. get into the gritty technical details of how it all works, and you'll not only have a better chance of not screwing up, you'll have a much better idea of how to get it just right.

mxmai.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information