Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone wanna crack at a P4C 2.6?

I aint tried anything yet, but does anyone wanna give me a walkthrough of CPU overclocking for this machine?
    P4C 2.6Ghz HT
    Gigabyte 865PE Mobo
    512 DDR PC2700 RAM
    Leadtek GeForce FX5600 256
    80Gb SATA HDD
    All the rest shouldnt matter.

Thanks in advance, need more let me know. hot_apple_pie88@hotmail.com

Hey, Look into the guides section , has alot of good info . There is not a set script , i fool around with mine daily ...lol Have mine set now at 2.66 @ 3.19 fsb 158 agp/pci 80.00 40.00 333 mem enhance enabled 1.8 v cpu 2.75 ddr 1.80 agp Not sure of your bios capabilities but start slow have fun and my hardest part remember what worked and what did not ... when you shut down from frustration or lack of sleep .... :laugh: Well have fun and i have not burnt up anything and i have screwed the pooch hard a couple times .....
    Vulcan chicks are hot .......... Cezch chicks are hot ............ my left palm is not

You won't be able to voerclock your system very much at all since u have only PC2700 Ram. U need something higher to go beyond the 200 FSB of the P4C.

yup, very true, ram is a huge factor in getting a good overclock.

Ok, well can somebody explain to me slowly what the second-top post means?

I just really need a step-by-step thing, i dont wanna piece together info in case i screw it up. i'm running XP Pro if it helps :)

try this link:
    http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...e=guide&dId=19

hope it helps :devil:

These guides are so hard, why arent they just all on the one page to make printing easier?!?:confused:

Quote Originally Posted by locomoco
    why arent they just all on the one page to make printing easier?!?:confused:
    : omg:

I dont really wanna get fully into it, i just wanna know what i'll need to get to 3GHz, or what i can do under stock materials. I can get case fans, but let me know if what i am doing needs CPU sinks etc

Get ya self some PC3500 or better (PC3200 should be the minimum that ya use in that setup non overclocked) and a Volcano 7+ or Spark 7+ then start uppin' the FSB after ya increase the memory and core voltages by 0.1v.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information