Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Oh boy! Watercooling stuff arrives today

I'm going into the darkside of cooling. Due to the motherboard I have (Gigabyte 7VAXP Ultra), my choice of waterblocks was pretty limited, but I ordered the Swiftech MCW5000A. I've got a Hydor L20 pump coming with it. I ordered some 1/2" OD, 3/8" ID tubing (tygon), which should be in tomorrow most likely. I considered driving to the factory and picking some up, but the drive's like 2 hr.s each way. The shipping will probably be cheaper than paying for gas.

Got my radiator setup already, so things should be good once the stuff arrives. This will kick ass.

I should be able to get my XP2000+ to 1.8GHz now. The 2.0V should help me out a bit, now that I can use it "safely".

Umm.....you actually have to use 2.0V to hit 1.8ghz???? Good luck to ya in your adeventures of ocing!!

Not necessarily, but the board will give me that if I need it. My main problem is heat, and while a better cooler and/or fan might do the trick, I think that I'll be better served in the long run by a watercooling setup.

I know my CPU is of the AGOIA stepping, so I've got one of the better OC'ers for this CPU.

once you have it together, give it a test the pipes and all overnight OUTSIDE of the case, we don't want a repeat of that happened to toxic and tweak

Why didn't ya just pick up an Barton 2500+ for that money which could outperform your cpu no matter what oc you do..:?: + it would oc great with regular air cooling under an Volcano or something similar..

Yes I'm boring I know but.. :shrug:

:cheers:

True, but I have more to play with. Actually, if I do any hardware upgrades, I'd probably do best to upgrade my current video card, a Radeon 8500, since a faster CPU will get choked with that card. It's not a bad card, but it's probably the biggest bottleneck other than the hard drives---which are still more than adequate, that's on my system.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    once you have it together, give it a test the pipes and all overnight OUTSIDE of the case, we don't want a repeat of that happened to toxic and tweak
    Oh, I was already planning on that one. Last thing I want to do is fsck up my PC by being too eager to put in the W/C system. That's also the reason I spent the money for Tygon tubing.

Yeah that's true what you said about the vid card though.

I have had some thoughts myself on using water, but what's a reasonable amount to spend on a complete water system including blocks for vga chip and cpu? Are most people only cooling one of those chips with their water system or both..:?:

Right now with just the CPU being cooled, parts, fittings, etc. , I'm thinking I spent around $200. One of the reasons is that I was limited to what waterblocks I could use. I've got to get some sleep before work tonight so I won't be doing too much with it, but I do have everything. This Tygon stuff kicks ass. I got it for $1.62USD per foot over at www.usplastics.com. They make the Tygon, so it's much cheaper than ordering from the likes of Danger Den or other places. I'm thinking of picking up some teflon tape for security, but that's about it.

Thread Information