Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: asus p4s8x p4 2.8

I am a newbie and was wondering if someone could give me step by step instructions on how to overclock my 2.8 to about a 3.0. Is this possible without any extra cooling? Thanks for your help in advance!

You can overclock your CPU on the Main Bios, when you boot up your system, hit "DELETE" key on your keyboard, I don't know if its also thesame with your's as different MOBO has different setup, some MOBO uses the "F2" key to get into Bios.

Once your inside Bios, uses the "ARROW" keys to select between menu's and hit "Enter" to select it. Locate the "Frequency/Voltage Control" it might be diffrent with your one as I said but something similar, then you should be able to find "CPU Host Frequency". Increasing this from 133 MHz to whatever you desire, will increase CPU Speed and Memory Speed.

Remember do it at your Own Risk, Overclocking may cause damage to your Hardware. Good Luck!

I have two P4S8X's (2.53 + 2.66) both running at just over 3 Ghz. Jump into the BIOS and set the FSB to manual, then start increasing from 133 to wherever you feel comfy.

I have the 2.53 running at 158 FSB and the other at 154 if memory serves. You may have to bump up the Core voltage if things get unstable.....but I'd limit that bump to about 0.1 volts. If you bump up core voltage over a certain point (1.65 ?) you have to disable one of the monitoring checks on anothe rpage of the BIOS or at start up you'll get a verbal post message saying voltage too high.

I would suggest that you use a CPU cooler (I use the Zalman 6500 Cu) and make sure your case is well ventilated.
    Also the Asus CD comes with a temperature monitoring utility.....make sure you are using it when you benchmark or burn in to see if tems are stable....note that most recent version of temperature utility seems to reverse CPU and MoBo temp.

My CPU temps have remained in the low 40's.....40 whn first built and now reaching 42 - 43...tiem to blow dust off cpu cooler i guess.

i think you have to listen to jack, as you and him has thesame MOBO's mine is Gigabyte (GA-8INXP) and i dont have those features which you can increase/decrease your multiplier, agp speed, etc... etc... mine only allows me to increased/decrease vooltage and FSB. SO i think you beta listen to jack. Good Luck!

Ya can't use the multiplier option with Intel processors. :rolleyes2

Is it? Im sorry Wiggo, Im just explaining to the man, that I dont have those option on my MOBO. As some people have options on latency, clock speed, etc... etc... but mine is only AGP/DIMM/CPU voltage control and Increasing/Decreasing FSB. that's all. its **** isn't? :laugh:

"I MaY nOt WhAt ThEy CaLlEd PERFECT bUt SoMe PaRtS Of Me ArE ŁUcKiNg ExElLeNt!"

Thread Information