Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: how fast will it go

I have a HP Pavillion with an AMD AThlon XP 2000+. It runs at 1.66GHz. I want to know what the best way of overclocking it, and the cheapest route. I have never messed with computers like this before, and I am a beginner. And if anyone knows how far it will go, I would like to have some input on that.

Thanks!

Welcome to great world of OCing.
    In most cases to get a good overclock, you need 3 things, good components, research and luck.
    Unfortunatly you got a PC that is made for masses, not for OCing freaks. which leaves your OCing options to be very slim. I havent heard any worthwile OCing success stories with compaq/hp/dell etc.
    So maybe getting a new mobo would be a better option than trying to OC that thing. But I wish you all the luck.

Try searching for a program called softFSB, as I think it allows some OCing from windows, as all your BIOS options are taken away by the BIG companies, so you dont screw up your system.

Sorry but the motherboards used by "Name brand" PC maker's are not made with overclockin' in mind at all but ya may have limited luck with programs such as SoftFSB and CPUFSB.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Sorry but the motherboards used by "Name brand" PC maker's are not made with overclockin' in mind at all but ya may have limited luck with programs such as SoftFSB and CPUFSB.
    Thanks for the input guys. I didn't know that. I was thinking about building a computer from scratch anyway. I may try soft FSB. Again Thanks for the inputs.

I would suggest you not try OCing it. Brand name computers are fragile, but then agian, if you don't care about this pc in the slightest, go ahead.

And if you build a computer, come here and read some threads, we can save you alot of time, money and headaches.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Thread Information