Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MSI Neo2 / P4 2.6C

Quote Originally Posted by [size=6
    Mista K6[/size]]
    What PC3700 RAM do you recommend Wiggo (I know for PC3500 its Cosair XMS, lol) ? J/w : peace2: Mista K6
    Corsair's XMS line also carries PC3700 and PC4000 rated memory.

Quote Originally Posted by [size=
    Lava Lamp Freak[/size]]
    Its been running stable for about 15 mins now at 233FSB, vcore 1.7, ram 2.8 and 2.5-4-4-8-8. I still have the video problem. All of the ATI demos have all kinds of visual artifacts. I've changed the setting in bios so that the AGP/PCI is set to its lowest setting since it automatically overclocks it. At its auto setting the screen goes blank after the post screen.
    Those video cards run hot so if ya already havn't get a side air intake fan fitted over the card to supply it with fresh air.

Well I'm disappointed cause my goal was to run at 3GHz. I don't think the problem is at all related to heat. Right now at 220FSB my case temp is 37C and the cpu is 46C. I've tested all combinations of settings to try to find a solution to no avail. First problem is I can not run the cpu and memory at 1:1 above 220FSB. If I change the memory to run at 400 then I can take the fsb on up to 233. Regardless, above 200FSB video shows artifacts. The higher the FSB the more numerous the artifacts. (Artifacts include lines coming out of objects and random shapes popping up on the screen.) The only way that everything works 100% fine is at 200FSB.

So questions that need answering...

1) Why doesn't my 466MHz memory run at 466MHz? Is it a problem with the CPU or the memory?
    2) Why does my video have artifacts above 200FSB?

I was wanting to buy Corsair PC3700 but it was out of stock at Newegg with no estimated stock date and I couldn't find it anywhere else. So, after reading raving reviews of OCZ PC3700 I decided to go with it. Reviews say the OCZ PC3700 can run at 500MHz and I can't even get 466???

Anyone have any ideas what could be my problem?

OCZ use to have a bad practise of pretestin' their products and then sendin' out the best of the bunch to reviewers for review (likely they still do but I can't say) plus they also had a very bad reputation of burnin' ppl with their products that don't perform to spec's which is why I will not recommend them in any shape or form. The other thing is that if ya usin' the standard Intel HSF then consider changin' it for a Volcano 7+ or Spark 7+ but ya just may have a CPU that isn't capable of goin' that far. : peace2:

What do you think the video artifacts mean? Is the video card dying or do you think its related to the cpu and ram? At 200 its fine but the higher the fsb the more artifacts there are. I've been reading other forums and it look like the artifacts is a sign there is a problem with the card.

Normally I'd say the video memory but ya don't seem to be the only one with that prob.

Well I think I've fixed all of my stability problems. Everything seems to be running fine now that I've found the right memory timings. But, the video problem is driving me nuts. I've turned down the performance settings in the control panel and that did make a difference but didn't fix it. So, I'm convinced its something to do with the video card. I went back to an older ATI Catalyst but that didn't make a difference. Now, the question is if my card is going out, was damaged by the motherboard overclocking the AGP bus, or just an issue between the board and card. I really wish I had a friend now with a Radeon 9700 so I could test.

This is an interesting development. In Quake III, if I set GL extensions to Off it works just fine. What does that mean?! I'm thinking there is something wrong with the driver. I've already uninstalled and went back to an older one but still I think thats what it is.

I found someone else with the same problem over at the MSI support forum and he said that the Radeons just don't work right past 200FSB. So I really messed up getting a slower processor planning on overclocking. It sure would have helped if someone would have mentioned this in the raving reviews about how great an overclocker the P4 2.6C and MSI Neo2 are. I could have taken that $220 I spent on PC3700 ram and bought a true P4 3.0C and kept my PC3200.

Before I pay shipping and restock fees to send back my mobo, cpu, and memory can anyone confirm that a Radeon 9700 or 9800 will not work properly if the FSB is overclocked past 200?

Is there anyone here that has a P4 2.4 or 2.6C overclocked past 200FSB and using a Radeon 9700 or 9800?

Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information