Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MSI Neo2 / P4 2.6C

Lock ya AGP/PCI buses at 66MHz/33MHz.

You can't lock the AGP on the MSI but it is set to 67/33, the lowest setting.

Well locked at that the amount of FSB that ya wind in shouldn't affect the video card at all.

I put in my Crucial PC3200 memory from my HTPC setup and that fixed the problem. So, the OCZ memory is going back.

Wiggo, what do you think about the Corsair PC3700? It runs at 3-4-4-8 but I guess thats the best I can get right now since the OCZ is bad.

Hey mate, sry you had to send the stuff back, although you saved me from making the same mistake, much thanks :thumb: . I did some heavy research on Corsair 3700 and this is what I came up with: it is THE S*** for an o/c'd P4 "C". It turns out that the relaxed timings (3-4-4-8) allow for wicked high speeds with no problems at all. It turns out that the Canterwood board (I didnt find anyhting on Springdales, but I'd assume its close) runs better with a high FSB and relaxed timings than a lower FSB and lower timings. It seems that it has changed, as 6 months ago the lowest timings possible were the best way to get the most performance, interesting huh?. A 512MB (2x 256) of Cosair 3700 w/ platinum heat spreaders goes for $166 at www.googlegear.com , so that's were I'm gonna buy it from (I think I'm gonna buy everything for them, cheap prices and free 2nd day shippin on most items, good deals :thumb: ). Anyways, that seems to be the way to go. The only other thing I'm looking at is buying Corsair 3500 (which is at 2-3-3-5) and runs stock at 217 and then boost it to 233, but then ya might have to raise the timings anyways. Wiggo, you're the man at this area, help? But those are just my thoughts. Good luck with everything, : peace2: Mista K6
    Modified Dell 8200 Case:
    -400MHz FSB i850 Intel mobo
    -P4 Williamette Socket 478, 1.9GHz
    -768MB 16-bit PC800 RDRAM
    -MSI GF4 Ti4200 128MB @ 284/581
    -7200 RPM Maxtors: 60GB (2MB) on mobo and 160GB (8MB) on ATA/133 PCI Card
    -Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 Speaker System on an Audigy 2
    -Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Rock on : peace2: , MiStA K6

I'm only sending the ram back. I just swapped out the ram with what was in my other system and it worked. So, I'm sending back the OCZ and buying Corsair. For the same amount of money I spent on the OCZ I can get Corsair PC3700 and a LiteOn CDRW. The Neo2 and P4 2.6 are doing great now with this Crucial ram. I'm running at 250FSB right now perfectly stable. Once I can get the Corsair this system should fly. I just wish I would have tried the other ram as soon as I started having the trouble and I could have saved myself some stress. Thanks for the help everyone.

Over the years (5 in fact) I've heard of so many ppl bitten by OCZ products that I in no way can I recommend them but Corsair products I can as they (for me anyway) can run at timings in excess of those advertised (I think that they advertise very safe timings) plus ya definately can't go wrong with a LiteOn CDRW as with their NERO software and bit x bit clone software such as CloneCD can't be beat for backups at a very good price.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information