Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Need help overclocking System

Hello All,

Im new to overclocking. Actually i've never done it before. I just put together a decent system i would like to OverClock:

MOTHER B. - ASUS A7V8X-X 333 FB
    CORE - Athlon XP 2700 333 FB
    MEMORY - Kingston PC 2700 333 FB 512 MB
    VIDEO - Radeon 9800 (not pro)
    PSU - 420 watt

I have 4 80mm case fans (1 in back,2 in front,1 on side) as well as 2 turbine fans in the PCI slots (one is drawing air right from the radeon's heatsink) and 2 hard drive fans for each drive.

I have no idea how to overclock. If somebody could help me out I would really appreciate it.

PS: If anything, I would like to overclock my Radeon 9800 up to the performance of a pro.

THANX!

To get some good basic information, check out this guide from TweakTown. Just keep in mind that it is unlikely that you will have to worry about the unlocking the processor portion since a vast majority of the KT400 enthusiast boards (like the one you have) allow you to adjust the multiplier. Other than that, you should be able to find enough knowledge to let you know not only how to overclock, but why these methods work.

Good luck! :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thanx!

Thread Information