Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Overclocking Gigabyte 8knxp mobo

I recently got the 8KNXP mobo with a 3.0ghz 800mhz fsb P4 and was wondering about overclocking it. I haven't OC'd in years and am somewhat lost, so I was hoping someone could tell me what I could safely tweak, or where to get information on it.
    Thanks.

You should first start with this article here and if that doesn't help then maybe someone actually has the same motherboard as you. That is a Gigabyte board right? If so there should be plenty of overclocking options but chances are you need to read the manual to figure out how to unlock them. Check out your manual to see how to get to them, then check out the article to see what you can do to overclock.
    Antec 1080AMG with window kit
    P4 3.06 HT@3.38
    Volcano 7+
    ASUS P4C800 Deluxe
    ATI Radeon 9700 pro
    1GB Crucial DDR PC-2700
    Creative Audigy 2

Use the EasyTune4 software from Gigabyte, i used to once to test overclock my p4 3.0 to 3.2 works fine and still stays at 43c around idle and 55c at full throttle.
    [CPU: P4-3.2ghz] - [RAM: 2gb DDR 400] - [VIDEO: nVidia GeForce 5600 FX] - [HD SPACE: 1.12tb]

Thread Information